Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just did a regular tune up on my sport wagon and with the new wires and spark plugs the car would start then stall out, I put the old wires and plugs in which were working when removed just minutes earlier and the car is still stalling out. I have no idea what is wrong, I hope it is something small. Any ideas suggestions please let me know. I really need my car running by tomorrow(monday) thanks Greg

I just did a regular tune up on my sport wagon and with the new wires and spark plugs the car would start then stall out, I put the old wires and plugs in which were working when removed just minutes earlier and the car is still stalling out. I have no idea what is wrong, I hope it is something small. Any ideas suggestions please let me know. I really need my car running by tomorrow(monday) thanks Greg

look for a loose vacume hose on the under side of the air intake. on legacys there is one that ties in about half way between the air filter box on the fender wall and the box at the throttle body.

imprezas may be different, but it's still a disconnected hose.

i had it happen when i had oil changed at firestone one time. got in to drive home, but the car wouldn't stay running. i can't imagine how the guy backed it out of the shop. when i asked for a rag so i didn't get dirty reattaching it the mgr took notice. poor kid, not his best day.

You had you're oil changed at firestone?

Hope you had a coupon or something.

Otherwise I'd avoid that place like the plague

they are notorious here for taking a cars wheels off for a "brake inspection" then not letting you leave, saying "it's not safe like that" and then selling you a $400 caliper replacement and brake job.

At least the one here in Corvallis is. Les Schwab isn't much better.

You had you're oil changed at firestone?

they are notorious here for taking a cars wheels off for a "brake inspection" then not letting you leave, saying "it's not safe like that" and then selling you a $400 caliper replacement and brake job.

At least the one here in Corvallis is. Les Schwab isn't much better.

i dated a girl 20 years ago whose ex was a mgr at a firestone. he had a contract to service the trucks of a big company in town. rumor has it they used to bill for work they never did. they said the work was needed, never did it, and bill the customer. there ought to be a law......

never firestone.