Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Colorado switzerland trail run this weekend?

zyewdall

Anyone? It's mostly melted out. Great views, as usual. I did a some of it with the Justy last weekend (took the really really long way back to my house from Ned). Some good forest service roads along the sides of it for more steep stuff. Nothing too rocky (except for the very end, which we can avoid, unless we have some lifted rigs). Depending on what sort of crew we have, I might bring the Justy, or the GL wagon, or the Sasquatch.

yeah... we only had an inch or less at my house :(

Switzerland trail:

http://switzerlandtrail.blogspot.com/

It actually continues to the north of route 52 to sawmill road, where the yellow shading dies out -- it's just a dead end to most subarus and cars. It turns into a forest service road that is pretty rocky and stepp -- lifted rigs are fine (stock yota type stuff). Great views along the entire thing though.

Though... I notice we have a competing run on Sunday up by Central City..., higher elevation (perhaps?) for more snow bashing? If only my Sasquatch was registered....