Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 Loyale electrical issues.

I have a 92 loyale with some electrical issues, my dash lights and headlights are very dim and my taillights won't come on when the headlights are on. I can turn on the parking lights which will turn on the taillights so I know they work but won't work in connection with the headlights. I can turn on the headlight switch in combination with the parking light switch and everything will come on but the headlights are still very dim and the dash lights still won't work. This problem came and went for a little while but now is a continuous issue. I have cleaned all the grounds which didn't make a difference. Any info would be great, I'm running out of ideas. Thanks.

Headlight relays.

Up behind the dash, under steering wheel or behind fuse box. Look for two right next to each other, round tops. All the relays in the car are the same, so once you find them, pull them and replace with the ac relay or other relay to see if it fixes it before you buy new ones.

When you do buy new ones, find the Pilot PLRY1 relay, it's a 30 amp and cheaper then the OEM replacement. Autozone or Advance auto has them around here.

Headlight relays.

Up behind the dash, under steering wheel or behind fuse box. Look for two right next to each other, round tops. All the relays in the car are the same, so once you find them, pull them and replace with the ac relay or other relay to see if it fixes it before you buy new ones.

When you do buy new ones, find the Pilot PLRY1 relay, it's a 30 amp and cheaper then the OEM replacement. Autozone or Advance auto has them around here.

Thanks so much. Pulled the relay and replaced it which fixed the problem! Easier fix then I thought it would be, thanks again.