Ultimate Subaru Message Board

oil pump rubber

I am in the process of installing the new oil pump and gaskets that were supplied with my JDM ea82t. There were 4 gaskets in the box with the oil pump: the mickey mouse, one round one that goes around the shaft and 2 other small ones labled O ring - CMS case.

so yea I should know but what where do the small 2 go? I did not see them when I took the old pump out.

I am in the process of installing the new oil pump and gaskets that were supplied with my JDM ea82t. There were 4 gaskets in the box with the oil pump: the mickey mouse, one round one that goes around the shaft and 2 other small ones labled O ring - CMS case.

so yea I should know but what where do the small 2 go? I did not see them when I took the old pump out.

Sounds like the ones that go between the Camshaft case and the Head. Funny, not part of the oil pump:rolleyes:

And they didn't include the shaft seal for the Snout of the pump?

And they didn't include the shaft seal for the Snout of the pump?

WELL i said shaft but i think the one i was talking about is the same you say goes around the snout in the little groove. The little ones i am wondering about (2 provided) are small orings about the size of a dime, sub part #13089AA010.

So when i change the oil pump there should just be 2 rings correct? the mickey mouse and the snout?

Edited by Major Lazy

So when i change the oil pump there should just be 2 rings correct? the mickey mouse and the snout?

No, I meant the seal that is actually under the pulley on the front of the pump. It is a skirt seal, like a Camshaft of Main seal, but smaller. But all in all, there are three oil cantainment seals related to the oil pump.

Mickey mouse, Large O-ring around the base, and the shaft seal presssed into the front of the pump, under the pulley.

I guess THAT gasket company considered that seal part of the pump, even though it is easily replacable.

Good news is, if you don't have you're t-belt covers on yet, you can install that seal on the pump without unbolting it from the engine, if you have already put it back in.