Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Did you buy an 82 GL Hatchback in Vegas in the mid-90's?

I lost my car to some unscrupulous mechanics in 96-97 and am wondering if it is still out there somewhere. It was a blue 4x4 with a bike rack, 4 speed manual transmission, snowflake wheels, plaid seats and a Grateful Dead sticker in the middle of the back window. It's be too cool to find it and buy it back!

They would not confirm or deny the existence of the particular car in their yard. They also said I would have to buy the car part by part - the thought of the piece-by-piece price of the remaining parts on an 82 Subaru is kinda funny, although frustrating at the same time. If someone goes out to Nevada Pic a Part, please take a picture! If it still has plates, it would possibly have the silver NV plate 143 FLK, assuming I was the last registered owner. The sticker in the back window is the kind that lets light through, and has the Grateful Dead bears "dancing in a ring around the sun."

That car is long gone, it may have been a year ago, it was not there last time I was there. I was sad to see it there as it was pretty straight. The plates are required by law to be removed/returned, that will not help you. But if you kept your paperwork on it you could carfax it, that car could be in Antarctica for all we know. There is a guy here in town whos been trying to sell his brats on C.L. if your interested let me know. Ive got his e-mail.

I feel you though. I still see one of my old scouts around town from time to time, makes me jealous. Ive always wanted to find my dads old '85 red hatch. Ugly as sin but was a fantastic little car. We sold it back in '98 for $600, one day it will pop up on C.L. needing a trans for $200 or something so I do understand you. If your looking to get into an older Subaru, they are really rare here in L.V. but they are out there. Give the carfax a shot Im curious.