Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Couple questions about a 2003 H6 Wagon

Does anyone know if 15" rims will fit, or will they hit the calipers?

I just did an oil change, made sure I primed the oil filter, however when I refilled the oil (using full synthetic) I put in 5w30 (4.4 Litres) and approx 1 litre of 5w50 (by mistake). I'm in Canada, weather this time a year is between 35-50 degrees F. Will the 5w50 cause any issues or should I drain and refill.

no problem with the oil.

i doubt 15" rims will fit. but it's going to get really confusing because not all 15" rims are equal. on dual piston calipers (which you'll find your H6 has), some 15" rims fit and some do not. find some of the brake caliper threads, there's a really good one by jamal (i forget his user name). it's on nasioc as well. it lists lots of brake caliper information for upgrading but includes what wheels fit over which calipers.

15" is the limit though so some fit and some don't...i think.

Did some searching in the forum, but still couldn't find anything, the 15" rims I'm looking at putting on (for winter use) are the ones seen in the below pic.

100_2592.jpg

no problem with the oil.

i doubt 15" rims will fit. but it's going to get really confusing because not all 15" rims are equal. on dual piston calipers (which you'll find your H6 has), some 15" rims fit and some do not. find some of the brake caliper threads, there's a really good one by jamal (i forget his user name). it's on nasioc as well. it lists lots of brake caliper information for upgrading but includes what wheels fit over which calipers.

15" is the limit though so some fit and some don't...i think.

After putting H6 brakes on my 98 RS, there is little room for anything between the caliper and the original 16" wheel. I doubt the 15s will work. Twin piston calipers are found on many models. In fact, I retained mine. I just used the brackets for the calipers and swapped the discs. The brackets have a greater height to account for the larger diameter disc.