Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 GL Coupe Windshield

Hey guys, I'm new to the board, but I just brought a 87 GL 4x4 Coupe and I am having trouble locating a new windshield. The one PPG sent me was too small for the car, so barring the invention of a window stretcher I'm in a real pickle since I pulled the old one already.

Do any of you know what the correct windshield is for an 87 GL Coupe? Some replacement windows have a number in the corner to designate the model. Its usually a couple letters followed by numbers. If any of ya'll have one with a number let me know.

Thanks, Dan

the coupe windshield is different from wagons or sedans. it rakes back at a sharper angle, and is narrower at the top vs the bottom. same goes for the front windows and mirror mounts, since the cope rake is different.

you will need a replacement from a coupe only.

i just junked a coupe. i wouldhave made an attempt to salvage the windshield if i know someone would have been hollaring for one.

anyway i have the door glass and the liftgate glass

good luck

Thanks for the info. I just finished converting it to the SPFI and 6 lug wheels. I didn't know that the windshield would be the hold up on getting it back on the road. I'll keep searching, surely they aren't that hard to find.

If any of ya'll have one, let me know.

Thanks, Dan