Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New 82 Blue Subaru - the end of the story

I'm the one who posted looking for the 82 GL hatchback that I used to have in Las Vegas. I found out through here that it has been in a pull a part yard out there. I even called to see if they'd sell it to me; they said no. It was a frustrating experience.

Anyway, in a cool coincidence, I found a blue 82 GLF with 99K in the next town at around the same time. It's front wheel drive and an automatic, while the other one was 4x4 and 4-speed, but it is sure fun to drive!

I sometimes think people laugh at me for being in that little car. I'm laughing because my insurance is only $117 for 6 months for a car I *want* to own and nothing is too expensive to fix!

post-29200-136027632987_thumb.jpg

good luck finding the louvers..I have one of the only known to exsist sets. I was lucky they came with the car.

I just put a new muffler and mid pipe on mine..weberized it ..trying to figure out a nasty electrical problem since the motor swap though

How much did it cost to have it painted? (I guess I'm assuming you're the one who got it painted) This is my 6th Subaru - model years 82-98. It wouldn't be a Subaru if it didn't have some kind of funky electrical issue. Luckily mine have had to do with inside lights, malfunctioning automatic seat belts, rough idling for no reason only to stop when turning the car off and then back on (the dealer couldn't even figure that one out and the Car Guys didn't take my call!), and having to hit the dash (hard) to get the defroster to come on. I hope number 6 is different. Good luck with yours! I can say that pre-1995 are the best years, although they got complicated in 90.

Mine hasnt been repainted yet..but it needs it its an original car I had shipped to the east coast from WA state. I have had 9 ranging from 82-08...and I liked my 92 Loyale and my 95 Legacy the best for working on and dependability ..I adore my 08 ..and dont get along with my 83 coupe which has been worse then my 88 XT6 for break downs