Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Going for it...

Dj0rk

One part at a time.

So the Loyale doesn't have enough get-up-and-go when loaded down (or empty for that matter) and I'm heading towards and EJ swap. Downside is I can't afford it all at once. So I'm looking to pick up an engine, ecu, harness and minor bits. Then go all out with a trans, AWD and 5 lug swap at a later date.

I'm looking to put in a EJ20T and wanted to see if it was a smart idea to get the engine first, do a once over (breakdown/replace gaskets) then try to find the ECU/Harness?

Right now I'm not too worried about the trans as the EA82 still functions after a recent rebuild. So if I get the adapter, install the 20 and blow the stock trans I'm not going to shed too much of a tear.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Luke

One part at a time.

So the Loyale doesn't have enough get-up-and-go when loaded down (or empty for that matter) and I'm heading towards and EJ swap. Downside is I can't afford it all at once. So I'm looking to pick up an engine, ecu, harness and minor bits. Then go all out with a trans, AWD and 5 lug swap at a later date.

I'm looking to put in a EJ20T and wanted to see if it was a smart idea to get the engine first, do a once over (breakdown/replace gaskets) then try to find the ECU/Harness?

Right now I'm not too worried about the trans as the EA82 still functions after a recent rebuild. So if I get the adapter, install the 20 and blow the stock trans I'm not going to shed too much of a tear.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Luke

look up Jhot imports. they sell full swaps which usually include even axles and factory airboxes. just depends on what they got. you'd spend 800+ on just a motor depending on what year and car or 12-1400 on the whole thing. shipping would be like 200bux.

look up Jhot imports. they sell full swaps which usually include even axles and factory airboxes. just depends on what they got. you'd spend 800+ on just a motor depending on what year and car or 12-1400 on the whole thing. shipping would be like 200bux.

Thanks for the Tip! Just found an EJ20G w/trans and everything for 999. I'm impatient so waiting 6 days is going to kill me.

Thanks again!

Well, that sucks. Not looking like I can get the setup I saw.

Silly kids and their inability to realize that jumping off the back of the couch only works if you jump on the seats, not the floor. Although, he got some really good air time.

So, back to my original question, can I / should I get the engine/harness/ecu all at once? Or can I get the engine first and worry about the rest later?

Thanks.

Due to my inability to gain patience, and serious lack of fund for what I want. I'm changing direction from a EJ20T to a EJ22T. Why? Because pick and pull has a (mostly) complete one sitting in the lot.

$156 (I'm not turning in my EA82) vs. $999.99

And the Decision maker says if I don't pull the trigger now, she's going to spend it all on purses.

PURSES!!!

I'll keep a rolling update here incase anyone wants to point and laugh.

the EJ22T is going to be a better engine IMHO to start with for building if power is what you seek. I'm getting closer to finishing my EJ22T swap into my '87 RX and have plans to build another EJ22T to swap into the car once I get the bugs worked out with this current motor.

mmm 400whp sounds fun in my 2500 pound car:eek:

the EJ22T is going to be a better engine IMHO to start with for building if power is what you seek. I'm getting closer to finishing my EJ22T swap into my '87 RX and have plans to build another EJ22T to swap into the car once I get the bugs worked out with this current motor.

mmm 400whp sounds fun in my 2500 pound car:eek:

See, I should have not gotten stuck on the whole "JDM STI uses 2.0 engine" and really did my homework. I guess I was stuck in Cart before the Horse mode.

I know a dare when I hear one. Double down and pick her up from work in a borrowed or test-driven WRX. :burnout:

I borrowed my friends STI one time, and after she got out of the car her exact quote was "Oh H3LL NO!". So now when I go to the Subaru dealership she goes with me to make sure I don't come home with a new car instead of a part. I tried explaining to her about defensive driving, and she tried to explain to me why she needs 30 purses. Neither of us could see the others point.

Agree to Disagree I guess.

Due to my inability to gain patience, and serious lack of fund for what I want. I'm changing direction from a EJ20T to a EJ22T. Why? Because pick and pull has a (mostly) complete one sitting in the lot.

$156 (I'm not turning in my EA82) vs. $999.99

And the Decision maker says if I don't pull the trigger now, she's going to spend it all on purses.

PURSES!!!

I'll keep a rolling update here incase anyone wants to point and laugh.

you will love the ej22t in that car. double the torque and double the HP in stock trim.