Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My XT Turbo Runs but has some problems...

There are SOOOO many possibilities on the EA82T engine.

What makes you think that it is leaking water? Is it just "disappearing"? Is it leaking onto the ground? Do you see a puddle on the engine or a coolant track somewheres?

A couple clues will help us point you in the right direction.

Umm when pressure builds up it starts to leek from the driver side of the engine like behind the alternator I think? maybe where the water goes into the engine?

It does puddle on the ground after a while. I need to take a video or something of it cause its hard to explain. Would it be safe to drive if I kept water in it? I would like to get it to a shop where it can be properly worked on.

Thanks for the ideas I will look into those places to see if there is a bad gasket or seal.

There is a small line that runs under the manifold in that region. If you are lucky, one of the heater hoses has developed a small leak. Probably not a good idea to be driving the car any distance since the leak now is large enough to form a puddle. Thing is probably close to bursting.

Hope you know how to "burp" the system after you repair the problem. An air pocket is not your friend.

Well I let the engine warm up and to my findings I found that I have a blown head gasket there is water coming out of the gasket and that is what's causing the steam. any tips on replacing the gasket its the driver side...

Thanks!