Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok, there is an outback in the u-pull-it. I think it might be time to upgrade the brightons' front brakes. Besides the callipers, what else do I need, the outback's rotors? are they larger and will cause my stock 14" wheels from fitting?

correct your 14" wheels aren't going to clear those larger calipers. you would get the caliper bracket, calipers, and rotors if they're any good. yard rotors are often rusted though.

buy the wheels off of it too, then you don't have to worry about the clearance.

it's more work but the outback will have the rear disc hubs if you want to ditch your rear drum brakes. those will fit under your 14" wheels.

Just upgrading the front to larger rotors and dual piston calipers and leaving the old rear drum brakes on there is probably not a good idea. If you get the rear parts too then you can do the front and rear. The easiest way for the rear is probably to just extract the axle and grab the bearing housing, hub, backing plate, caliper, rotor, parking brake cables, etc.