Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Car Carrier

My husband has been racing subarus for years now. Usually we take one ro two big trips a year so he can particapate in these events. Now that we have children we take our SUV with us. The last two years we have drove in two seperate cars. However I miss spending time with him on the road trips. We have decided to purchase a car carrier for the subaru. So far the only thing I have come across was that Uhaul sells used car carries for a fair price, but I would like more options to choose from. If you have any ideas please let me know.

If its a manual trans subaru you can flat tow it with a towbar and not have as much weight for the tow vehicle to try to handle. Id remove the front bumper and put a solid attachment in for it as the "tow hooks" on a Subaru are a joke.

The actually track real nice and its nice to not have a trailer to store and deal with.

Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AMBOD0

While I agree with Shawn I also disagree. Being a racer myself the "luxury" of a trailer to haul the broken car home is always better than the alternative.

I might also suggest that you look into getting a motor home and trailer. It will give you a lot more room on your trips. It makes travelling so much nicer. There is a larger fuel bill but no room fees. It sort of offsets itself. I nice 18-20 foot trailer can be had for $1000-2000 used/new if you shop around.

What sort of racing does you husband do?

Here is a decent looking one, http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/rvs/1177782033.html

Edited by Qman