Ultimate Subaru Message Board

the turbo engine has a turbo specific water pump cuase it has outlets for the cooling tubes to the turbo. You cannot use a non turbo water pump on a turbo engine. But you can do it vice versa if you cap off the coolant lines off the turbo pump on a non turbo engine

I have on a shelf a new water pump for turbo engine I bought a while back. I think i paid like 70 for the pump which is a steal. I can sell it since you need it.

otherwise, I think the ej18 / ej22 belts and pulleys are the same, its the pump that has to be for turbo engine.

I buy the kits all the time from "theimportexperts". Infact 2 kits last week.

Never tried their WP's though. I did just installed my first "off brand" belt a MitsibOshi(?) on a 95 I did last week (non-interference). When you buy the kit the TB basically is free. I know this because I often order odds and ends idlers. And always had obtained the TB locally.

Locally the A1 Cardone WP's have gone from 48 to 51 bucks in the last few weeks.

But I have no experience with the WP's.

Another member recently had issues with an Ebay TB kit - but it wasn't the folks that I use. I don't recall his issue but some searching should turn it up. Within the last month, probably the last few weeks.