Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Reliable Shop In Colorado Springs

I have a friend with a 97 OBW 2.5 AT. He bought it recently with the understanding that the timing belt and all front seals were done about 25K miles ago. (Head gaskets were done, so no comments necessary about that) He even called the shop in Denver where the work was done prior to the purchase, and they said they "always do the complete job" when doing a timing belt. Well, it turns out that the belt and water pump were all that were done. No seals, no tensioners (!), no oil pump reseal, nada.

Now his front seals are leaking, and it looks like the rear seal might be leaking too. At least he is losing oil at the back of the engine too. Not a lot of volume, but a lot of smoke. I told him that he will need a full timing belt kit with tensioners this time as well as the seals. I'm thinking that the water pump should go a while since it was replaced, He wants to get it fixed, and will be in Colorado Springs for a few days week after next.

Can anyone recommend a reliable indy shop over there that he could call.

Thanks