Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ford owner here

hi guys! i currently drive this monster;

DSC00024.jpg

photo14.jpg

IMG_0427-1.jpg

IMG_0413-1.jpg

in case you couldn't tell i do car audio. However i have uninstalled everything and hopefully will be trading my truck in on Wednesday for this;

DSC02597.jpg

well i guess thats my intro :banana:

Edited by caps
changed pictures

Pretty nice looking truck there.

So, what are the details on the soob?

thanks man, and its a bone stock 2.5i with 36 miles on it :banana:

i have a fairly long list of mods that i plan on though :lol:

well yesterday i went to go pick up the car (i told them that at 11am) i get their at 1:17pm and the car hasnt been touched, their is spiderwebs on it and everything. but my mom still hasnt seen it so she starts doing a walk around snd finds some scratches over the drivers door handle. we go inside and let them know aswell as try to find out why nothing has been done with the car in the 2 hours they had.

they bring the car around and have me do a walk around with them, i find the same kind of scratches over the front passenger door and a stain in the back seat. they take it to "detail" it while im finishing up all the paperwork.

then they tell me that we havent been approved for the loan and that they will run it even thought we were told at 11am that we were approved. when the approval comes back they try telling us that our % rate was going to be 1% higher then what was on subarus site. so after they fix that and the price (we had negotiated a price the day before) we started printing up the paperwork to sign it. my mom goes through all the paperwork and says that its ok, so i start signing. by the time were done its about 2:30 and i just want to get to work (from sanford to kissimmee) and when they pull the car around at 3 the scratches are still their and now i see two spots on the trunk lid where the paint is peeling.

so at this point im a little upset to say the least so my mom gives me her keys and i go to work in her car whle she deals with them. they try giving us an IOU at first, but of coarse we didnt want that when i was trading in my truck for it (i would be vehicle less) so we basically undid the deal and walked away.

i talked to my sales lady last night because she was delivering a car while we all this went down and she wasnt even informed of anything. but she said that she will call a 3rd party detailer to come in and try to fix the car and if that doesn work that she will find me another one exactly the same but without the paint damage and she will personally deliver the car and the paperwork to my house after she personally inspects the car :shock:

so i could be getting a car today, but i work at 5pm and i cant leave the store when im at work (security reasons) so in a few days i should have it since she told me they if they cant fix it she can get the new one within 24 hours.

Jeez... I hate to say this, but when they said that your interest rate would be 1% higher, I would have walked at that point. It is EXTREMELY unlikely that that's true, they're just trying to make extra money off selling you a higher rate financing package. There's a dealership in my town that is well known for antics like that. They advertise stupidly low prices, including rebates that most people don't qualify for, and then won't let the car go without insane interest rates, undercoating, plaid insurance, and any other cockamamie scheme they can come up with.

I just hope you're not actually getting screwed in this deal, but this sounds REALLY fishy.

Jeez... I hate to say this, but when they said that your interest rate would be 1% higher, I would have walked at that point. It is EXTREMELY unlikely that that's true, they're just trying to make extra money off selling you a higher rate financing package. There's a dealership in my town that is well known for antics like that. They advertise stupidly low prices, including rebates that most people don't qualify for, and then won't let the car go without insane interest rates, undercoating, plaid insurance, and any other cockamamie scheme they can come up with.

I just hope you're not actually getting screwed in this deal, but this sounds REALLY fishy.

no I'm getting them good, not the other way around. I'm getting;

*2.9% for 63 months

*personal deliver of the new car and paperwork to my house including picking up my trade in

*it is being completely detailed by one of the best detailers in Orlando (I got to pick the shop)

* full car tint

and after tax, tag, and the interest I'm under $14,500 for a car with a sticker price of $18,262

I also would have immediately bailed at the point of 1% higher interest.

no I'm getting them good, not the other way around. I'm getting;

*2.9% for 63 months

*personal deliver of the new car and paperwork to my house including picking up my trade in

*it is being completely detailed by one of the best detailers in Orlando (I got to pick the shop)

* full car tint

and after tax, tag, and the interest I'm under $14,500 for a car with a sticker price of $18,262

Sounds good as long as a fair value for your truck is being subracted from the $14500.

Good job on not taking the beat up one. Its not "yours" til you take delivery which means taking it off the lot.

well vehicle truck in pic 1 qualified for cash for clunkers, so not sure you got a great deal or not. is this a Impreza? they go for 15,900 brand new internet pricing (yes msrp is in the 18g level). so take your ford for 4500 credit on the cash for clunkers, you could have been in for something in the 11,000 price range out the door..???

Edited by bheinen74

well vehicle truck in pic 1 qualified for cash for clunkers, so not sure you got a great deal or not. is this a Impreza? they go for 15,900 brand new internet pricing (yes msrp is in the 18g level). so take your ford for 4500 credit on the cash for clunkers, you could have been in for something in the 11,000 price range out the door..???

i dont know where your seeing 15,900 anywhere but i only quoalify for the 3500 for the truck

Caps - He's talking about various dealerships selling them, internet priced, for 15,900 after rebates. Which doesn't apply to every dealer (it depends on how much a dealer is willing to cut their price).

And Caps is right, bheinen. In order to qualify for $4500 under C4C, he would have had to purchase an SUV, Class 1 Truck, or Van that gets at least 18MPG AND 5 better MPG (EPA combined) than his old truck, OR buy a passenger car that gets at least 22 MPG AND 10 better MPG (EPA combined).

VERY few non-hybrid passenger cars will qualify for a full $4500, unless the traded vehicle gets about, oh, 13 MPG epa combined.

The Impreza barely even QUALIFIES as a replacement vehicle, even for $3500, being rated at 22 combined for the 2.5L Manual model. In other trims/trans, it may not even qualify at all.

Assuming that Caps' F150 is a 5.0L V8 automatic 2WD (which will be about in the middle of the economy range for that year/model), it gets 15. So a car would have to have 25 combined mpg to go full boat on the rebate, whereas an SUV or light truck would only have to get 20.

Caps - He's talking about various dealerships selling them, internet priced, for 15,900 after rebates. Which doesn't apply to every dealer (it depends on how much a dealer is willing to cut their price).

And Caps is right, bheinen. In order to qualify for $4500 under C4C, he would have had to purchase an SUV, Class 1 Truck, or Van that gets at least 18MPG AND 5 better MPG (EPA combined) than his old truck, OR buy a passenger car that gets at least 22 MPG AND 10 better MPG (EPA combined).

VERY few non-hybrid passenger cars will qualify for a full $4500, unless the traded vehicle gets about, oh, 13 MPG epa combined.

The Impreza barely even QUALIFIES as a replacement vehicle, even for $3500, being rated at 22 combined for the 2.5L Manual model. In other trims/trans, it may not even qualify at all.

Assuming that Caps' F150 is a 5.0L V8 automatic 2WD (which will be about in the middle of the economy range for that year/model), it gets 15. So a car would have to have 25 combined mpg to go full boat on the rebate, whereas an SUV or light truck would only have to get 20.

this man knows :)