Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gen 3 Gas gauge Fix ?????

I have an 88 GL Wagon and the gas gauge does not work , at all. I replaced the Dash and the sending unit in the tank, I was wondering if anyone has ever fixed this and if they have how???? Markus56 and I have the same problem with this, but it really Sucks.............. Johns ride is an 86 and mine is an 88............

Jeff

Bob that one didnt work to well but I think this is the one you where thinking of

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=102069

This is what got me thinking about it. I replaced the sending unit, I just hope its not in the wiring...............

Jeff

thats the right post

some thing tells me its not your wiring

but in the meantime did you ground your wire ? grounding it will send the gauge to full

Jeff this is how I fixed the non dash in my white wheeler

istockphoto_6806923-gas-can.jpg

I carry with me full then when the car quits I dump it in and head for the gas station works every time :banana::):lol:

Ya but EC is like 20 miles out from a gas station and I don't want to go through that again.............. Just ask Zap about how cool it is to run out of gas in the middle of nowhere up there...Woody did it.................:rolleyes:

Jeff