Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello,

I just bought my first Subie, 2000 Outback Wagon, Auto. She's a beauty. I love it and I havent even had my first winter with her yet. I am having several minor issues with it however; the light on the gear shift is not working, all other lights and accesories are working fine. Any ideas?

Secondly, there is a shaking at certain speeds, 80-115kms specifically. It goes away at 115kms but it is still mildly apparent at slower speeds like 60kms. The guy I bought it from said that the tires (new) are "snaked" meaning that the mold used to make the tire had some imperfections. I brought car to a new and used tire guy, Jerry's Tires, he noticed the brand and knew right away what the problem was, even before removing the tires. he took the front two off and showed me the tread groove had a little play, back and forth. I took it to the store where he bought the tires and had them take a look. They said there was no "snake" and they balanced them and put them back on. I told him what the tire guy said, he responded with "well... most tires arent perfect, but that's not what causing your shaking". I asked the fellas that balanced the tires to check if there was any play side to side and up and down, none. Back breaks, needed to be replaced though, done.

Thirdly, can someone describe what a bad sway mount sounds like? Im getting a "jingle" in the rear when I hit a bump while turning.

Thanks a lot

Edited by Lefty