Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2009 impreza outback sport check engine & stability control light????

Hey guys, I have a problem where my wife was getting off the interstate today and the check engine light and stability control light came on and my cruise control light started blinking. The gas cap was checked when she got home and it was on tight. The car only has 3750 miles on it. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I have been smelling gasoline after parking my vehicle. The smell seems to come from the rear of my vehicle. My wife will be calling John Howard Motors in the moring and trying to make an appt. to get it looked at A.S.A.P. Any imput would be helpful. Thanks....

The CEL will illuminate obviously because the ECU has detected a fault, The cruise light comes on because when the CEL illuminates it disables the cruise control...A shot from the hip is that your gas cap is loose...My bet is its an EVAP leak code in the ECU..

Edited by EVOthis

The CEL will illuminate obviously because the ECU has detected a fault, The cruise light comes on because when the CEL illuminates it disables the cruise control...A shot from the hip is that your gas cap is loose...My bet is its an EVAP leak code in the ECU..

I would start here.

Make sure that after filling the gas that you turn the cap till you hear the clicks.