Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My Continual Subaru Build

Ok i thought i might just post some info and pics for you all to see. Its not that amazing of a project but it gets me excited. So i have a good running low mileage 90 loyale with a shot body. I came across a good condition body 94 loyale with a blown motor for $150 so i decided to rip into a motor swap and DR tranny while im at it. Here are some pics to look at! Let me know if there is anything i should take into consideration while im swapping this. The DR tranny will be coming from a 87 Gl sedan. I believe 3.9 gearing also. And with all the extra parts, i will be trying out having a welded Diff also! If anyone local needs anything from the gray wagon let me know. zzz:brow:

Oh and what i did today: Stripped everything out of the way to pull the motor from the white wagon. Including axles.

post-24087-136027635618_thumb.jpg

post-24087-136027635627_thumb.jpg

post-24087-136027635636_thumb.jpg

post-24087-136027635643_thumb.jpg

Today i finished putting the dash back together and the glove box. For some reason that was all dis assembled. I did however find a couple un connected points and 2 loose wires. I couldnt find the other ends, Any one recognize these hanging just above the clutch pedal? Took off roof rack and the hubs so i can put on new discs and pads too. Saturday is the day the motors are swapped. Lets cross fingers!

Oh on the wires, one is yellow with blue striping, and the other is black with a red stripe. And no those 2 connectors dont go together.

post-24087-136027635671_thumb.jpg