Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Power window differences???

I was just wondering if the power windows in a 1985 GL wagon and a 88 XT were the same. The cable for the window in the xt is all screwed up and won't stay on the reel so I was wondering if I could just rob the setup out of my 85 GL and put it in the XT. Thanks!!

Scott

I've never torn apart an XT's doors, so I don't know much about their power windows, but by your saying "cable" I'm going to say they are different. Cause the GL-10's (which I've torn quite a few apart), have gears that run the regulator off the motor. But don't take my word for gospel.

Yeah there is a definate difference between the two. The only other soob door that I have been inside of that has a cable drive is the SVX. And that regulator is slightly different.

A couple of guys on subaru-svx.net have mentioned that they replaced the cable with brake/gearshift cable from a bicycle shop....

I do have a passenger side XT regulator in my basement that I can get photos of if you need help with the spooling...

email me if I can help