Ultimate Subaru Message Board

As per my thread in Off-Topic, my Subie was violated last night and there was an attempt made to inhospitably and prematurely remove the stereo. The stereo stayed put, but the bezel surrounding it was broken...apparently some foot force was involved. Anyhoo, the part is about $20 from the dealer and they're to charge about $50 to put it on. Is this a simple DIY that I can do and make it look good?

Hi. I have to admit, that's the most polite way I've ever heard anyone describe getting their car stereo boosted. lol. What kind of Sube?

The Haynes manual has some detailed pages for taking the dash components apart and I'm sure someone here can help too. If you have the patience and a free Saturday morning you could do it yourself.

- Ed

Hawksoob.....have I got a deal for you!. When I bought my 97 OBW LTD it didn't have the woodgrain centre bezels to match the ones in each of the doors, so I bought them, and stored the original ones all these years, because I'm cheap , they were brand new, and I couldn't see throwing them away. So.... if you need the two bezels (new, grey, and out of the same dash as a 97), the one with the centre air ducts and hazard switch, and the one for the radio and heating system switches, I'll give them to you for just a thank you and payment of the shipping from Southern Ontario, Canada, to Tennesse. Post your email address on this thread and I'll contact you by same. Cheers!

Wowo wow wow....what a generous offer. I really appreciate it. The only problem is that I've already ordered the part and paid for it and the dealer doesn't take returns on special orders. :(

However, I will deny them the pleaure of installing it. Perusing Mr. Haynes, it looks so amazingly easy to install. I'd like a job where I could get paid $50 to loosen two screws and snap in a plate, then retighten the screws.

A thousand thanks, anyway! :)