Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BOSS Gen 1 BRAT/4wd lift kit Christmas Deal

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#26 Pooparu

Pooparu

way too obsessed

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:57 PM

My money is sent!!!:banana:

#27 RebelYJ

RebelYJ

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • East Bay, CA

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:04 AM

Ok, one last proposal for you guys, let me know what you think.

Fine with me, whatever is best for you. I'm still stoked no matter when it comes!

#28 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

Well, still no bolts yet :mad: so I am quite irritated over that, hopefully they will arrive before new years though. The lift blocks are finished though :banana:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The strut blocks are marked with a P and a D (passenger side, Driver side) and an arrow that should point to the front of the car when installed. Most of the other blocks are completely interchangeable left or right, any that arent will be marked. I will get this kit on the scale tomorrow and get a shipping quote and then its just a matter of waiting for my damned metrics to come.

-Bill

#29 danrenfroe2016

danrenfroe2016

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Dallas, Texas

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:19 AM

Looks Great!

-Daniel

#30 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,627 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:39 AM

Well, still no bolts yet :mad: so I am quite irritated over that, hopefully they will arrive before new years though. The lift blocks are finished though :banana:

The strut blocks are marked with a P and a D (passenger side, Driver side) and an arrow that should point to the front of the car when installed. Most of the other blocks are completely interchangeable left or right, any that arent will be marked. I will get this kit on the scale tomorrow and get a shipping quote and then its just a matter of waiting for my damned metrics to come.

-Bill

what bolts ( size and length and pitch )do you need?

#31 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:54 PM

what bolts ( size and length and pitch )do you need?

They are in transit, they just have not arrived yet. They are Metric bolts, an assortment of M10x1.25 and M12x1.25, I plan on including all new Metric bolts to replace most of the old ones that get removed when the kit is installed, the bolts I ordered are EXACT replacements for the factory bolts (lockwasher and flatwasher pressed onto shank, smaller JIS heads) and are aparrently VERY hard to get, at least in my area...

For the most part you *could* re-use all the bolts that get removed, with the exception of the 2 that hold the front of the diff, the stockers are about 4 1/2" long, and with the lift they need to be about 1" long.

-Bill

#32 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

Ok, shipping will be $70 anywhere in the lower 48. Im PM'ing ya'll my Paypal info now :banana:

Scott, how do you wanna do the trade?

-Bill

#33 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,627 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

bring the kit when you pickup the engine

#34 Pooparu

Pooparu

way too obsessed

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 25 December 2009 - 03:53 PM

I'll pick mine up from you after new years. Great work bill! You should send out some decals with the kits so we can represent BOSS lift kits.

-earl

Ok, shipping will be $70 anywhere in the lower 48. Im PM'ing ya'll my Paypal info now :banana:

Scott, how do you wanna do the trade?

-Bill

#35 RebelYJ

RebelYJ

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • East Bay, CA

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

Money sent Bill, hope the bolts come in soon :banana:

#36 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:37 PM

I'll pick mine up from you after new years. Great work bill! You should send out some decals with the kits so we can represent BOSS lift kits.

-earl

Well, I would, but I dont have any made up yet. But I do have some in the works, Im thinking of mailing them out to ya'll free when I get them made :banana:

-Bill

#37 Pooparu

Pooparu

way too obsessed

• Members
  • 1,351 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:29 PM

I was messing around today and came up with this design for your decals. Feel free to use it as is or as a jump off point for something else. My gift to you free of charge for coming up with the greatest Gen 1 lift of all time!!!!

Posted Image

#38 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:00 PM

Alright, bolts I am told will be here today, so these well get shipped out next monday, as today is my 21st birthday and I have a lot of stuff to do :banana: :drunk: Thanks for being patient ya'll!

-Bill

#39 Breeke

Breeke

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • Onalaska, WA

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

Wellllll

happy birthday.

NOW GET TO SHIPPIN' THEM KITS!!!!

#40 RebelYJ

RebelYJ

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • East Bay, CA

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

Happy birthday man, have fun and be safe! Still haven't sent my kit yet :lol:

#41 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:02 PM

Well, Im done with Fastenal. Bolts came in yesterday like they said, but they were not even close to what I ordered. Im extremely sorry that this has taken so long, but Im going to ship the kits next week with or without the metric bolts. What I will do is send the kits with the Grade 8 USS bolts, and when I get my Metric bolts from a different supplier I will send them in a separate package, no extra charge, I'll ship them at my expense. Im really terribly sorry about this, I was hoping to have these shipped a long time ago, but I cant control the vendors I have to deal with :mad:

-Bill

#42 RebelYJ

RebelYJ

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • East Bay, CA

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:30 PM

To save you some shipping costs, you don't have to ship mine until the bolts come in. I still have to find a set of rear discs to swap over and then do the 6 lug swap and get some tires!

#43 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,627 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

Well, Im done with Fastenal. Bolts came in yesterday like they said, but they were not even close to what I ordered. Im extremely sorry that this has taken so long, but Im going to ship the kits next week with or without the metric bolts. What I will do is send the kits with the Grade 8 USS bolts, and when I get my Metric bolts from a different supplier I will send them in a separate package, no extra charge, I'll ship them at my expense. Im really terribly sorry about this, I was hoping to have these shipped a long time ago, but I cant control the vendors I have to deal with :mad:

-Bill

Bill

I got all the body bolts if you need some help

SJR

#44 subaholic79

subaholic79

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • belfair

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:22 AM

i have fabbed a kit for my wagon in the past and now i would like to buy one of your kits can you tell me how many have been sold and whats the next step to getting one ordered

thanks - nick

#45 danrenfroe2016

danrenfroe2016

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Dallas, Texas

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:35 PM

-Bill

Bill,

Got a question... What do we do for lengthening the Rear shock? Thanks.

-Daniel

#46 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

Bill,

Got a question... What do we do for lengthening the Rear shock? Thanks.

-Daniel

Take the stock shock to the parts store, and tell them you want one 4" longer. You might have to use a large hammer to beat the bumpstop mount out of the way to clear the new shock because it will be at a slightly different angle than stock.

-Bill

#47 danrenfroe2016

danrenfroe2016

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Dallas, Texas

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:34 AM

Take the stock shock to the parts store, and tell them you want one 4" longer. You might have to use a large hammer to beat the bumpstop mount out of the way to clear the new shock because it will be at a slightly different angle than stock.

-Bill

OK,

Hopefully I can find a Monroe Load leveler shock that will fit... That would be great for the rear. Oh Also, if anyone finds one that fits please post!

-Daniel

#48 subaholic79

subaholic79

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • belfair

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:25 AM

i cant wait to buy my lift from you let me know when
:banana:

#49 sube101

sube101

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • St Helens Oregon

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:23 PM

yo i want to buy a lift, how much are they now?
steven

#50 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:45 PM

These kits will be $350 when I start making the again, Im waiting until I get this bolt thing figured out before I make anymore, when I do I will let you know.

-Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users