Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Weber Air Filter Clearance

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nikgurn

nikgurn

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Logan

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:11 PM

So I finally got around to putting the Weber on my '86 Brat that has been sitting in my room for 4 weeks and I can't close the hood! Car runs great, but the hood makes solid contact with my shiny new chrome filter...did I do something wrong? :confused:

#2 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:14 PM

do you have the short or tall airfilter version?

#3 Redcap

Redcap

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:15 PM

So I finally got around to putting the Weber on my '86 Brat that has been sitting in my room for 4 weeks and I can't close the hood! Car runs great, but the hood makes solid contact with my shiny new chrome filter...did I do something wrong? :confused:

Probably need a shorter filter element.

#4 nikgurn

nikgurn

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Logan

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:21 PM

Of course. Good thing I checked into that before I put this thing on 200 miles away from my house. hahaha :rolleyes:

#5 nikgurn

nikgurn

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Logan

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:22 PM

BTW thanks, and Merry Christmas!

PS, if anyone has a shorter element and would like to trade for the taller one let PM me.

#6 hatchsub

hatchsub

Currently Subaru-less :(

• Members
  • 2,627 posts
  • Guilford

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:32 PM

Just latch it with the safety latch and dont drive fast :rolleyes:. But seriously i know what you mean. I did the swap..went to close my hood and...DOH. Didnt close. The 2.5 inch filter is nice for lifted rigs where the engine is farther down than a stock rig. They also work in Gen 1s i believe but otherwise your going to be looking at the shorter filter. Where did you buy the weber from? If you bought it from overseas (bigjim), he should send ya a new one for free. If not then your on your own.

#7 nikgurn

nikgurn

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Logan

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:46 PM

Yeah I bought it from my brother; he works at CarQuest and gets a little butt hurt when I purchase parts elsewhere. At least he gets me a decent price. Suppose I will just hold onto it cause I am planning the lift and 2.2 swap this spring/summer (I am going to go carb style, wires hate me.)

#8 Markus56

Markus56

Whup tee do

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • Wolf Point, Montana

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:41 PM

I fit the tall filter without any clearance issues

#9 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 25 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

I'm pretty sure I have the low profile version in my spares kit. I don't need to trade but would sell the shorter one for $10 plus postage. If you're interested let me know by PM and I'll check on it.

#10 hatchsub

hatchsub

Currently Subaru-less :(

• Members
  • 2,627 posts
  • Guilford

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:14 AM

I fit the tall filter without any clearance issues

Going by the avatar you have an EA82 though. Thats a different animal from the brat. If your not talking EA82 then i have no idea how u got it to fit lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users