Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Another project added and 1st for this forum

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 newsoobdude

newsoobdude

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • helL A/ NorCal Foothills

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

Been on the board for a while but don't get to visit as often anymore but wanted to show pics of my newest treasure I found. Unsure of the year as of now as I have not gotten it open yet nor have I gotten any info from the old owner. Will be bringing it home soon and will update then. Anyone interested in the topper? Not planning on keeping it and is located zip 95245/6/9 (I live at the corner of 3 towns :lol:). Plans include EA81 with Torquer Cam + SPFI, 4spd D/r, 4 inch lift, OEM Brush guard and High roll bar. Now for pics-
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
This will make 7 Subies and 2 BRATs :banana:

#2 Don_Quixpunch

Don_Quixpunch

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:37 AM

Sexy! I really hate all you West Coast guys and the rust free Subies you find. I have an 81 GL Brat and it's got almost as much rust as steel.

#3 chefgeoff

chefgeoff

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Humboldt, Eureka area

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:07 PM

Very nice find, I like the topper. I've got one with the topper that goes up over the high rollbar. p.m. sent

#4 ecky

ecky

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Roseburg, Oregon

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

first color match topper I've seen. I like it. OH, and the 200X sittin' there as well.

#5 newsoobdude

newsoobdude

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:33 PM

Thanks guys. Ya'll would kill me if ya knew what I got it for (cheaper than my other BRAT and cheapest Subie yet :grin:). Chefgeof, pm replied. Still waiting for pickup date.

#6 lkindred

lkindred

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Portland

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:46 PM

those are some sweet old brats!

#7 biffanyus

biffanyus

79 Brat

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

Very very nice brat.. If you you put a brushguard on it and want to get rid of the pushbar, please keep me in mind to sell it to if thats ok with you....

#8 bendecker

bendecker

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Lakeside, CA

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

Sexy! I really hate all you West Coast guys and the rust free Subies you find. I have an 81 GL Brat and it's got almost as much rust as steel.

Only in the Northern West Coast -- "The Beast I Drive" has more Brats on his farm than there are in all of San Diego county!

#9 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:31 AM

Hey man this is awesome! Bill seems to have figured out how to lift these, would be way cool to see this one sitting higher :)

#10 Don_Quixpunch

Don_Quixpunch

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:58 AM

If you're going for an EA81 and a transaxle swap anyway, why not go for the d/r 5 speed instead of the 4 speed. I've got the d/r 4 speed and I'm counting the days until I get a real trans.

#11 SubaruPartsGirl

SubaruPartsGirl

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Annapolis, MD

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

What a great find, and great color! Here on the east coast it would be a beautiful rust color by now!

#12 newsoobdude

newsoobdude

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

If you're going for an EA81 and a transaxle swap anyway, why not go for the d/r 5 speed instead of the 4 speed. I've got the d/r 4 speed and I'm counting the days until I get a real trans.

That I am debating on. I have a "spare" D/r 5spd that I'm unsure as to what I will use it for. Only reason I'd keep the 4spd would be the fact that I want it more or less OEM pre '85, but the 5spd is growing more and more.
Brian, I still have that a bar off my Gen 2 and I am willing to sell if you are still interested. Still need to finish that one up :rolleyes:.

#13 The Beast I Drive

The Beast I Drive

CALL ME, (509) 391-5903

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
  • Toppenish, WA

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

That is a pretty good looking Brat, are you gonna keep it that same shade of craptastic green? :grin:

And yes, I do lifts for these, in 4", 6", or 8" flavors :slobber:

-Bill

#14 biffanyus

biffanyus

79 Brat

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:11 PM

Im interested in the gen1 brat pushbar if your looking to sell it. please let me know. Thanks, Tommy...

#15 newsoobdude

newsoobdude

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:55 PM

Finally got the year, it's an 81. Stil waiting for the pick up date though. Will be getting rid of the push bar as I have the OEM Subie Grille Guard/ Bumper for it.

#16 biffanyus

biffanyus

79 Brat

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • West Palm Beach, FL

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:37 PM

Wow 81 brat is a nice score. Gen1 brat style with a 1.8L engine.:slobber: BTW I already found a Pushbar for mine but Im sure someone else here would be interested. Please dont forget more pics when you have some. :)

#17 newsoobdude

newsoobdude

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

I wont forget about ya'll with the Pushbar don't worry, and as a side note, I have 2 now as the Brushguard I was getting turned out to be another Pushbar :mad. And as I will be lifting this one I'll be selling both more than likely at the end of summer. I'll post it here in the classified section with a note in here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users