Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 loyale wagon ea82 question

I was surprised at where the temp sits on my 93 Loyale. I had an 87 GL, and I have an 83 Toyota pickup, and both those tend to sit right below half-way on the gauge. But my Loyale sits just above the bottom.

If you traced the fuel lines there you should have found it...unless someone took it out for some reason. It's in a clip right up against the firewall, up top by the windshield as was already mentioned. Right up on top.

I haven't had to read codes yet.

Buy a Haynes repair manual and it will explain the CEL code reading procedure. It will involve removing a plastic panel on your dash below the steering wheel where you will find a blinking light. The service manual will give more details, but you will have to count the total number of long and short blinks of the light (I'm not sure which blinks go first, long or short). For example, 4 long blinks and 6 short blinks would be CEL code 46. You'd then look that code up in the service manual and go from there.

yea i knew about the light blinking, didn't know if it was a trick like turning the key on, off and back on or something like that. And yea I did the fuel filter after being told about where it was and yea they bypassed the fuel filter and put a small copper tube instead.

Yea.. I have a 92 Loyale also. I have done so many things to the car (including cylinder heads) and the Temp gauge still sits on the bottom of the scale. I will even have the electric fan kick on at stop lights but the gauge is still on "C" I just Don't worry about it anymore.

and for the CEL... you have to have a manual.. but it says that the plug in connections (for the base timing mode, and to access the stored ETC's) are under the dash... Mine are under the hood behind the fuel filter that you don't have, against the firewall. they are Green and Grey (or beige...or something) .

Then you can see the blinking light of the ECM under the steering column and above the plastic kick panel. You dont have to take the kick panel off.. just look between them... Count your blinks and put a piece of electrical tape over the CEL.

I have a bad VSS.(vehicle speed sensor) that I really dont care about...

ENJOY

• 2 weeks later...