Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My "new" street truck/tow rig

I bought my baby. My first car was a suby hatch, my first TRUCK was a 68 chevy... Long story short, drunk heifer hit my PARKED truck at about 50mph and totaled it. This was years ago. now I am happy to say I have found a 67, killed it, and drug it home. now to skin it and make it do stuff lol

IMAG0459.jpg

IMAG0461.jpg

Crap I have bought already to work with this bugger.

Vortec 350 tbi - bad crank (harmonic balancer end broken) - to be converted to 383, and TPI. Have crank and bearings etc. and 8 pin hei small cap

700r4 trans, new transstar torque converter

set of nameless headers

guages

Megasquirt MS-II engine management. already assembled it this weekend, building harness throughout the week

IMAG0474.jpg

CRAP I NEED

TPI intake, runners, plenum and injectors, also would like the coolant pipes too

driveshaft... poo...

67 chevy bulkhead harness (engine side)

brakes. (yes all of them...)

Sweetness!

I just got into a 68 GMC 3500 stake bed for $350. Ran and drove, i had to tape up a hose and pinch off a brake line to get her home. $50 later and i had new brake lines, hoses, thermostat, and belt. Re-packed the front (DRUM BRAKE) bearing s ans was good to go. I got about 7-800 in it already with the $300 trailer hitch, and new fluids, wipers, roll-on rustoleum paint. 292 I-6 with 4spd manual 2wd

If i had a picture i would show it to you. Good luck with this one, looks like a loto of promise and a good deal

thanks, This thing is SO getting the shiniest blackest rustoleum roll on ever conceived. My roommate is a body guy, and I will paint anything, and I mean anything and enjoy it. I am gonna thin the rustoleum and do like 8 coats, that is after fiberglass, bondo and a crap ton of sanding and welding. I have some trim holes to tack too... I got my work cut out.:)

good deal on the stake bed! I Love that look, I can't decide wheather to do step side or fleetside with this one as i have both... HAHAHAHA!! Possibly step side because they are all gone, and this one is mounted and I hate cutting off 43 year old rusted on bolts:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

before

IMAG0381.jpg

after some rearanging, move the big red burb to the back yard, and moved my project up to the plate... Lots of work to do still.

and I cleaned out my shed, note all the crap scattered about. :lol:

IMAG0486.jpg

I sealed most of the cosmetic rust with grey primer, just because I was bored lol.