Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Megasquirt EG33?

Numbchux

A jetboat in the town i used to live in (18 months ago) has a EG33 in it with a 'computer that i built from a kit' according to the guy who owned it, which would just about have to be a MS unit as i don't know of any other ECU's that can be kit built.

i do remember that he said that he had alot of trouble getting it work with either the cam or crank angle sensor(don't remember which)

lol i wasn't hugely interested in the computer side of it...i was more interested in the twin turbos and legacy air/water intercoolers he had hung on each side.... quad turbo:slobber: with river water intercooling

i had dreams of that motor in my ute....but couldn't figger out how to tow a river behind me all the time

A jetboat in the town i used to live in (18 months ago) has a EG33 in it with a 'computer that i built from a kit' according to the guy who owned it, which would just about have to be a MS unit as i don't know of any other ECU's that can be kit built.

i do remember that he said that he had alot of trouble getting it work with either the cam or crank angle sensor(don't remember which)

lol i wasn't hugely interested in the computer side of it...i was more interested in the twin turbos and legacy air/water intercoolers he had hung on each side.... quad turbo:slobber: with river water intercooling

i had dreams of that motor in my ute....but couldn't figger out how to tow a river behind me all the time

Hey dude. Ive think Ive mite had heard about that jet boat? Was it in Timaru?

Also got any pics of it? Kean to actually see it.

http://www.diyautotune.com/diypnp/index.html

they make PnP kits for all the subaru ECU's now. You still have to assemble or pay someone to assemble the kit. But then it plugs right into your existing harness.

As far as assembling the kit goes just take your time make sure you have a nice clear area to work on it and follow the directions, its all pretty step by step. By far easier to build a megasquirt kit then it is to do an EA2EJ harness.

they make PnP kits for all the subaru ECU's now. You still have to assemble or pay someone to assemble the kit. But then it plugs right into your existing harness.

As far as assembling the kit goes just take your time make sure you have a nice clear area to work on it and follow the directions, its all pretty step by step. By far easier to build a megasquirt kit then it is to do an EA2EJ harness.

All OBDII :-\

Turbone, they actually are available for some of the earlier EJ stuff and SVX

don't care about the pnp kit, though. Also, building the kit doesn't bother me. Although I highly doubt it's easier to assemble a MS board than it is to strip a harness.

I've searched the internet, and seen some information about running EJs, a lot of speculation about EGs. And a number of people who say they've used it, but with no information. I'm looking for some decent and concrete information about running an EG33.

don't care about the pnp kit, though. Also, building the kit doesn't bother me. Although I highly doubt it's easier to assemble a MS board than it is to strip a harness.

I've built one for a KA24DE and I've also stripped 2 EJ harnesses for swapping I'd rather build a MS kit then do another EJ harness.

I know most of the kits run off of some kind of hall or ford EDIS setup for the spark, I don't know the particulars of getting it to run on EJ's with no dizzy.

I've searched the internet, and seen some information about running EJs, a lot of speculation about EGs. And a number of people who say they've used it, but with no information. I'm looking for some decent and concrete information about running an EG33.

I'm also curious about this. I'm trying to put together all the pieces for a good EG swap, but stock ECU = turd. I've been looking for someone who has used MS (on NASIOC, SVX boards, RS25, etc), but can't find any decent information or detailed personal accounts.

I'm also curious about this. I'm trying to put together all the pieces for a good EG swap, but stock ECU = turd. I've been looking for someone who has used MS (on NASIOC, SVX boards, RS25, etc), but can't find any decent information or detailed personal accounts.

I haven't found much either. But, it sounds like any MS system should be able to read the trigger wheels. We'll probably go with the MS3 system so we can run sequential fuel and ignition systems.

Then, find someone that will tune it for cheap :grin: