Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Friend with 96 Legacy L problem on hills

First of all I told her to let me look at the car before she moved to TN..

Anyways she left CT with the CEL on for the knock sensor.. So she took it to some guy who fixes car and could not tell if the car had two knock sensors or not.. :rolleyes:

Anyways long story short she tells me when she goes up hills now the car is like really jerky and acting like it wants to cut off.. I told her to go get the engine codes pulled for free but that still seems like it's too hard to do..

Now shes trying to get the knock sensor replaced but I don't think that's really going to help her.. So in the event that it does not what other symptoms can cause this?

I said plugs, plug wires.. fuel filter.. it's too hard to tell..

*ok she just told me.. she has the code for the knock sensor, Oxygen Sensor and a misfire on cylinder 1.

hmm well she kind of annoyed me before she left.. she made it tried to seem like her friend knew more about Subarus then I did (this is my 5th one) So at that point I was like &^^( it.. kinda why her Saturn crapped the bed as well...

anyways bad oxygen sensor and knock sensor dumps raw fuel to the front cat and now we have a damaged cat?

I just got tired of telling her yesterday to take care of the knock sensor (says it's too much auto zone wants like $65 or so..

I still don't understand. Since when do females have logic? :confused:

:grin:

hahahahaha touche, my friend!

Logic is just what we call our out of control emotions ;)

If I ever meet you I'll be sure to go straight to the kitchen and make you a sandwich. I know my place! :D

Sorry for not contributing anything actually worthwhile to this thread...

I had the knock sensor in my 98 Imp go bad last year. But I never really noticed much of a difference in the way it drove before I had it replaced. (It WAS replaced very soon after the CEL came on though). I also had to replace the oxygen sensor a few years back. THAT made the car feel like it was going to cut out and die on me! But it sounds like the knock sensor problem in her case is compounded by the oxygen sensor and the misfire. Poor car.

There. I said something that has to do with the actual thread topic!

If I ever meet you I'll be sure to go straight to the kitchen and make you a sandwich. I know my place! :D

Attagirl! :banana:

(Can I have Ham & Swiss on light rye, please?) :eek:

^ LOL

I would not be as annoyed if she would of had listened to me in the first place and not try to act like she knew more about the car then me..

I mean for crying out loud she did not know if her Ej22 was a 4 cyl or 6...

I bit she did not care about that blinking CEL... Which I'm sure of if she had a misfire on cylinder 1.

Sorry for not contributing anything actually worthwhile to this thread...

I had the knock sensor in my 98 Imp go bad last year. But I never really noticed much of a difference in the way it drove before I had it replaced. (It WAS replaced very soon after the CEL came on though). I also had to replace the oxygen sensor a few years back. THAT made the car feel like it was going to cut out and die on me! But it sounds like the knock sensor problem in her case is compounded by the oxygen sensor and the misfire. Poor car.

There. I said something that has to do with the actual thread topic!

I like to make my own sandwiches thank you very much. But you can do some other things in the kitchen if that's where you prefer to be. :grin:

haha more fun she calls me in a panic.. shes says the car is now running really bad now.. when idling it acts like it wants to shut off..

:rolleyes:

So i got her to order the damn parts from rockauto instead of locally and I let her use my discount code..

So she ordered the knock sensor and new plugs and oxygen sensor.. I told her whoever installs the oxygen sensor to check the cat to see if it's plugged or not.

lol.. knock sensor has not come in yet.. but anyways she said it was raining so hard that the guy only had time to put in 3 spark plugs...

THREE..... are you kidding me? I've worked on my car in a thunderstorm...

stay tuned...

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I had assumed that the invention of these cool new technologies called a rain coat and an umbrella would make it possible to block rain from impeding our ability to perform basic tasks while rain is falling.

Apparently this is not the case... I feel so bad for this car!

showpic.php?img=118_carraincoat.jpgshowpic.php?img=118_carraincoat.jpgshowpic.php?img=118_carraincoat.jpg118_carraincoat.jpg

Automotive: The Car Raincoat

Does it rain or snow every time after you finish washing your car? With B.S.L Labs' new Car Raincoat you will never have to worry about it again! After washing your vehicle simply put the Car Raincoat on it and go for a drive, rain or shine!

Features

- This stylish cover looks great while keeping your vehicle clean

- Available for most makes and models

- Easy to clean

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I had assumed that the invention of these cool new technologies called a rain coat and an umbrella would make it possible to block rain from impeding our ability to perform basic tasks while rain is falling.

Apparently this is not the case... I feel so bad for this car!

Edited by brus brother