Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Not really that much needed now only just when it's dew on the window.. but I've figured now it's hasn't been working.

I haven't used my meter on the defrost lines but anything else I can check before I do anything else? I'm going to assume the wires that connect to the defrost lines are under the cover part where the motor is for the rear wiper?

I will check the fuse but the switch lights up and all when you press the button.

If the switch lights up, then I am thinking the fuse is going to be good. I guess you will need to use the multimeter to see if you have power at the wire grid on the back window, which is what you wrote already on your original post. Since you are talking about a rear wiper, I am thinking you have a wagon, not a sedan. Removing the tail gate inside panel cover is not difficult. Wiring will be in there. I don't think it will be under the wiper unit cover.

Is this for a legacy? On our 95 impreza the wires at the top of the hatch under the rubber boot that connects body to hatch had been crimped to the point that most had broken, including wiper, defrost, brake light. Give that point a quick check, its very quick and easy.

Seems like the switch is no good

IMAG0603-1.jpg

going by what my FSM says in the background I only get continuity if I press and hold the switch down on the pins as shown in the manual which is 3 & 5

should I jumper the plug that goes to the switch to check?

Edited by 1-3-2-4