Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Radiator Fans Wont do their job

After I did my egine swap on my EA81 everything BUT the radiator fans are working. I did remove the non functioning AC unit and hosery to that. Plus that second radiator deal for that. Could that in any way effect my fans?

I've already replaced the thermostat, and checked the fuse under the dash. I ran the fans directly to the battery and they fired right up. I am baffled!

Any ideas????

If not I'll just run them direct to my ACC and have them on all the time when the cars on. I dont really wanna do that... it sounds like I'll be burning through fans alot that way but I cant have an overheating problem... fans are alot cheaper than engines.

Yeah, I've done a few swaps and forgotten that little wire on the top of the rad when putting it back in. Then agian most of my engine changes usually end after dark, with me holding a flashlight doing the test fire. :rolleyes:

Another wire that commonly get forgetten is the one going into the thermoswitch in the side of the radiator. There have actually been times that I've replaced the switch it's self and forgetten to hook it back up. That kinda sux.