Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale 5 Lug swap; my list...

tractor pole

if you use fwd impreza axles you just need to swap the inner seal to one from an ej era car

the axles should be the same for those 2 years, I'm not 100% sure what years the were 23 spline. I've always read as long as it's impreza specific fwd axles they were 23 splines

Ok, so if I just simply order an Impreza inner seal I should be good?

And Yeah I would think either year would work, but I really want to make sure before I buy them!

OD of the inner wheel seal is different between XT6 and EJ. They will not interchange.

Here's my post about seal dimensions, including part numbers for interchange:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/97563-how-long-will-axles-last-2-lifted-xt6/?p=821114

So it looks like this was the answer I was looking for? Just want to make sure! And thank you for that link!

"I just picked up the 225678 seal (710439 will be a bit longer getting here...sometime next week). and it looks to be a perfect fit. exactly the right size for the ER knuckle, but the inner diameter looks identical to the EJ seal I have. unfortunately, I don't have a spare EJ axle to actually test fit it on, but it is the same size as the EJ seal, and it won't slip over the step on the ER axle."          

And again I'll ask, will these work for the 5 lug swap? I've seen a few times that people say that 93 FWD Impreza axles work, but these are listed 93-94, so I was hoping someone would know if they are in fact the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290854598085?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Edited by bratman18

• 2 months later...

I have tried the inner seal swap for my 5 lug and the er knuckle with the ej 93 fwd 5spd axel and the timmken 225678 is not a match for the knuckle. The od of the metal is too large to fit in the er knuckle. I am going to try 710108 tomorrow. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow. 710108 doesn't work either.

I am going to use 90' Legacy knuckles/ spindles/ Hubs. The seal 710108 fit but there was a metal lip that went around the od and kept it from slipping all the way into the knuckle. It seemed as if this was not a good idea. I will try to load pictures of the lip. I cannot download any pictures I have exceeded my allotted disk space apparently. 

Here are the differences

Edited by snofool