Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New from Maine

Well I live in the great state of Maine, which loves to eat subarus. I drive a 95 Impreza L. I went ultra efficient with the 1.8L FWD 5speed. So far I have put 30k miles on it in 2.5 years. With current fuel prices thats about $3,500 in gas(over 4 times what I paid for the car).

Being an $800 car I have done all the work myself. I've rebuilt the rear drum brake insides, cv-shafts, valve cover gaskets.(short list that might grow). I also had to do some body work which involved reshaping the bolt holes for the front bumper beam after the car had its second meeting with the rear end of another car(only one with me in it).

Right now its winter mode with studded General Altimax Arctics and steel wheels. I just picked up a set of 14" alloys that I am stripping and cleaning to repaint for this summer.

Once I am done with school and can buy a new car(probably going to a WRX or STi) this will become a rallyx car.

Welcome! I lived in Maine for a bunch of years. Moved to Seattle 3 years ago, but still miss it. :)

However my cars are thankful that I prolonged their lives by moving away!

It's cold and rainy here right now with no snow. You aren't missing anything.

There is snow on the lake out front, I played on it yesterday with the 4 wheeler, snow in the driveway, and snow on the walk way. I didn't specify how much. But it is cold. And there's only one warm day in the forecast this week. And getting colder next week. They are saying Thursday we may get more snow instead of rain. Seems like winter is finally here

Edited by bratman18

• 2 weeks later...

Grew up in Greenville (Moosehead Lake). Loved it, but don't miss Jan-Feb, mud season, or black fly season. Other than that, it was paradise! Of course, in the 80's Subarus were still kind of a novelty up there, so we were all getting around in 2 wheel drive pickups (kinda slow goin). But I always carried the snowmobile in back in case I buried the truck in a snowbank (which was often). Sure wish I'd bought a new BRAT in high school...