I had bought this 135k mile d/r wagon in 2007 for $800 from the 2nd owner. It had the usual oil leak, TOD, etc & sun baked plastic dash parts typical of a SW car that hasn't been garaged much of its life. Did the usual maintenance for the first 3 yrs including clutch, tires, tuneup. Joined USMB & aspired to build it into a light duty ORV. So I added a 4" SJR lift, new struts & mounts, 6 lug conversion including rear disc brakes, R160 plate clutch LSD, 14x6 Mazda PU whls with 27x8.50x14 Grabbers.
In lieu of the stock brake hoses I opted for -3 braided SS/teflon lines, which I've built for some of my other vehicles before. A nearby hardware store is a Earls supply vendor;).
Before tearing down my original 3.90 diff & the 3.70 LSD R160 for the carrier I had measured the bearing preloads so they could be restored. Set the backlash to .006" & checked the pattern. A little extra care here pays in longevity.
092.JPG 180.19K 10 downloads
Edited by czny, 19 July 2017 - 06:20 AM.