Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I recently replaced the transmission in my wife's 1999 Legacy L wagon, and after i got it running again, it hesitates and stumbles at lower rpm's, and wont idle at anything less than a 1000 rpm's. It is an EJ22, automatic. The codes that are showing are for an IAC, so i have rechecked all the hoses, lines and connector's, just to make sure i didn't over look something, and i didn't find anything wrong there, but i did notice it has a minor exhaust leak at the passenger side manifold, so my question is, will that exhaust leak cause an issue with the IAC? When we first bought the car, it had a major exhaust leak at the manifolds, and an IAC code, so i replaced the IAC, before i did the exhaust, and the IAC problem went away, so im not totally convinced that one has anything to do with the other, but i figured before i mess with the IAC again, i would ask on here.

What are the exact codes? This is an auto trans you just replaced right?

Did you remove the engine from the car for any reason?

Remove the intake manifold or throttle body?

Double check all the hoses that go to the airbox and intake tube. There should be a diagram on the bottom of the hood with the routing for all of the vacuum hoses. Check all of your connections compared to the diagram.

Any other codes or just the IAC?

What are the exact codes? This is an auto trans you just replaced right?

Did you remove the engine from the car for any reason?

Remove the intake manifold or throttle body?

Double check all the hoses that go to the airbox and intake tube. There should be a diagram on the bottom of the hood with the routing for all of the vacuum hoses. Check all of your connections compared to the diagram.

Any other codes or just the IAC?

Yes, it is an auto trans, that i just finished replacing.

The engine was not removed, and the only things removed from the engine were the airbox, and exhaust.

I have checked several times the last two days, and everything is hooked back up properly.

The codes i get are P1507 (x2), and p0507, the p1507 is for erratic idle, and the p0507 is for the IACV, which im gonna take off and try to clean later.

I found the problem by accident. I had some alternators that i was using the car to do some testing on, and i somehow pulled the hose to the IAC off where it connects to the steel line that runs under the intake, and when i went to swap out the last alternator i was testing, i noticed the hose moved, so i checked and it was disconnected and just flopping around. Now all i seem to have left is a front end vibration, and a brake issue, and it will finally be all done.