Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Snow tires w/o TPMS valves on car equipped with monitoring system

Cover the light with a piece of tape and ride. Some states are adding TPMS lights into their state safety inspections, because of the chance of a faulty sensor, so if your state checks for that for inspection you may want to swap to the other set of wheels before having it inspected.

^ wow that's crazy with the safety inspection... I don't know about anyone else but I can tell when the rear or fronts are low on air.. first of all the car does not seem level (if it's almost totally flat) and second is the car wont want to track straight.

No it's ok lets just rely on a light to tell me when I should check the tires!

Without the light some people never check them at all. And those same people are oblivious to the way the car drives or tracks or even appears. The vehicle to them is nothing more than an object, and as long as the object is present (not stolen or lost in a parking lot) they're content to drive it regardless of any poor mechanical condition it may be in.

I've seen people walk up to cars that have very obviously low tires, get in and drive away as if there were nothing wrong.

I, on the other hand, make it a point to park in such a way that I can see all 4 tires of the vehicle as I approach it. Whether its in my driveway, in a parking lot, or just across the street. And if I can't park in such a way I will walk around the car and check all 4 tires before getting in.

Without the light some people never check them at all. And those same people are oblivious to the way the car drives or tracks or even appears. The vehicle to them is nothing more than an object, and as long as the object is present (not stolen or lost in a parking lot) they're content to drive it regardless of any poor mechanical condition it may be in.

I've seen people walk up to cars that have very obviously low tires, get in and drive away as if there were nothing wrong.

I, on the other hand, make it a point to park in such a way that I can see all 4 tires of the vehicle as I approach it. Whether its in my driveway, in a parking lot, or just across the street. And if I can't park in such a way I will walk around the car and check all 4 tires before getting in.

Man you sound like me, I did have a flat but I was too far on the ramp to back back down, so I went really slow on the highway to avoid overheating the tire.. Hazards flashing and all.. and someone flashes me with the high beams.. WTF was the point of that??