Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1988 Subaru Gl 10 Price

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 scoobywagon45

scoobywagon45

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hey I'm looking to get a newer subaru. I want to sell my Gl 10 (sadly but I need a more safe car), recent work done includes, new head gasket, timing belt, new alternator, has tinted windows, the engine only has 97,000 miles on it and everything is solid on it. Interior is decent, the trim on the door is peeling. Exterior is good, straight body no major dents. Ive also painted the quarter panels with truck bed liner. I will post pics in a bit. Just wondering what I could get for this, and what other subarus are good to buy, i heard that the 90's outback sports are good. Any thoughts??

Attached Files

Edited by scoobywagon45, 04 March 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#2 jj421

jj421

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Carnation, WA

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Hmmm, I'd probably pay $2500 for that. I'm no expert appraiser though.  :rolleyes: I think the value would go up though if it was a 5 speed D/R. But I think the clean, straight body will be worth something.

#3 l75eya

l75eya

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 1,580 posts
  • Hoboken, NJ

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

I'd do about $2000 for that GL-10. Personally. And that's only if I *really* wanted it.

#4 ivantruckman

ivantruckman

4 inch lift

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • caro, MI.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

i would think it being an automatic would hurt the price.  i this a 4 wheel drive ? i dont see a push button

#5 scoobywagon45

scoobywagon45

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

ya it is full time 4wd, haha does not help the gas mileage...

#6 r81gsr95

r81gsr95

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • seattle

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

i wouldn't buy that. It's an automatic! Horrible gas mileage, no power, gutless. Someone messed up the paint job, stickers all over the place, the windows are tinted. That ea82T engine is so unreliable. 

Find something like this. a clean 5 speed ea82 GL or Loyale. No turbo. These motors go forever unlike the turbo versions. 

kIshdwM.jpg

Find something like that for 2 grand. Something well taken care of, a car that someone actually cared about and really looked after. It will last so much longer than a car someone just used and didn't treat well. Best of luck! 

#7 scoobywagon45

scoobywagon45

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

that's what I have heard about these turbo engines, I think I might just hold onto it until the engine pukes, then maybe swap in a new one. Thanks for the help.

#8 r81gsr95

r81gsr95

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • seattle

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

that's what I have heard about these turbo engines, I think I might just hold onto it until the engine pukes, then maybe swap in a new one. Thanks for the help.

DOH! i thought you were looking at that GL10, not that it was yours and you were trying to sell it. lol i'm a tool for not reading correctly. Yeah if you only that many miles on your engine that's pretty good. I would clean it up and see what you could get for it. Then look for a nice clean GL. These cars are worth their weight in gold, worth so much more than what you have to pay for one. Find a clean one for a thousand or two, go through junkyards looking for newer parts and restore them bit by bit. After not too long you will have a nice clean classic that will go and go and go :)

#9 scoobywagon45

scoobywagon45

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

hahaha ya don't worry about it. Ya maybe an old GL would be good. Thanks!!

#10 Brat78

Brat78

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Richmond Hill, GA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

I wouldn't touch an automatic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users