Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

lift with king springs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

so i haave a 92 loyale that is lifted two inchs and the engine and tranny x members along with the radius rods are spaced 1.5 inchs . i was wondering if i got king springs with  1.25  lift would the change the angle of my axle?. like would my axles then be streching 1.75 inch off stock?. Also any experience with king springs and how they ride would be apprecited. thanks for the help

#2 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,441 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

Yes it will effect the angle of your axles. But they do make standard height King Springs that won't provide the same amount of lift.

#3 92loyale59

92loyale59

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • clackamas

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:18 PM

i didnt know that they made stock sized ones. but i am interested in the ones with lift. thanks for the input.

#4 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,441 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:07 AM

If you use the ones for lift you will need to drop your crossmembers and what not so you don't eat your axles.

#5 86BRATMAN

86BRATMAN

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,253 posts
  • Tazewell Virginia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

I didn't know King made ea82 springs. 

#6 herb

herb

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • PNW

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

they do indeed, if I remember correctly, they only make one standard size for the ea82 chassis, which will only lift 3/4"-1" or so. I talked with the guys at primitive about them a couple months back.  soon as I've got the cash, i'll be picking them up.

#7 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,441 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

I bought a set from Primitive a few months back. I bought the standard height which doesn't lift. There are King lift springs too, both made for the EA82. The standard height springs will lift slightly, just because your stock springs are going to be old and tired.

#8 PA Grown

PA Grown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Carbondale,CO

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

What diameter length are we talking to fit the king springs and keep relatively same height?

#9 scoobyclimbs

scoobyclimbs

Attack of the madaxeman..

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Newberg

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

Cmiller had them on his 93 loyale lifted versions with no problems..he had a 4" allied armament lift too...much better.. you can really load it down too..

The kings are great I drove the loyale ..it drives awesome..

#10 bratman18

bratman18

ADIDASubarus

• Members
  • 3,441 posts
  • Jefferson, Maine

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

^I have the same combo in my loyale that he does. They're awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users