Every year the family goes camping at property on the Nooksack river here in Whatcom county, the property is owned by my family , this year we are going deeper back and found a nice swimming hole, its all overgrown with brush, small trees, bamboo and blackberries so we need to do some clearing to get vehicles and campsites set up so its time to get the buggy going.
buggys been sitting since last summer, when parked it had a coolant leak , and the clutch was slipping, I put in a new battery and fired her up and the waterpump
went out and the fan hit the frame, so I installed a different pump and also installed all the belt covers as they were missing, runs good now, the engine was from a 85 so theres no computer and it has a weber, good combo for the trail.
here it is all buttoned up with new pump and covers
then I removed the clutch and found this, never seen this before, this is what stopped the clutch from working,
its a layer of grass, with maple tree seed shells, the grass was from last summer camping running thre the tall grass , the shells were from the mouse that left them in the flywheel housing, I put it in the press to rerlwase pressure and with a screw driver , compressed air and a vacuum cleaned it out, the clutch disc wasn't to bad, the pressure plate was a little groovy but all I had so it went back together,
Edited by Scott in Bellingham, 09 August 2013 - 09:09 AM.