Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What carburetor do i have?

Carburetor Brat 1985 4wd

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ADK

ADK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • San Diego, CA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

Hey whats up guys, I have a 1985 brat 4wd and im in the process of rebuilding the carburator. I thought i had a dcz 328, but when the rebuild kit arrived i realized the gaskets dont match up. I searched around but cannot find a straight up answer as to which carb i really have and which rebuild kit i need. Id rather not waste more money on kits i cant use, can anyone help me out?

#2 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,038 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

dcp-306-xx

look it up as an 83 brat to exlude any of the later type EA82 carb kits (what you got)

here's a link to a kit at autozone that works

http://www.autozone....omString=search

#3 turbosubarubrat

turbosubarubrat

2nd gen hoarder

• Members
  • 1,043 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

My 84 factory manual say the carb part number is DCP306-24 if its orignally from  california and if not its a DCP306-27.

#4 ADK

ADK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • San Diego, CA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

That looks much more accurate, gaskets match up much better. I should have done more research than just go with what the chilton said, damn book. Thanks guys hope this works so i can get my car up an running again

#5 Uberoo

Uberoo

Subaru Wheeler

• Members
  • 3,386 posts
  • lewiston,ID

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

the problem is not the book but the way the parts house list things.The parts houses think that ANY subaru 1984 or newer is EA82.So for a brat or hatch even its made in 89 if have to call it an 83 to avoid confusion.

#6 ADK

ADK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • San Diego, CA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

the book says if you have a 1.8 liter it uses the dcz 328, i didnt think about the ea82 i assumed it would be the carb under my hood. my fault really, as i said before i should have looked into it a bit more.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carburetor, Brat, 1985, 4wd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users