Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My DL 1989

Tronkus

Hi Guys:

I continue with the project (Subaru DL EA82 1800cc). Actually:

-Tyres changed.

-Plugs, wires, filters and breakes are replaced.

-Block re sealed and change the coolant.

Next steps:

-New Painting

-New Interiors

-2" Lift (I can't find nothing in my country)

-Change gearbox.

-Change wheels (13" to 14")

Some pictures:

2659785a8e5661c158d01cabb6848d41o.jpg

8a9124ff7c6eb2f44e8abf49585df8d5o.jpg

9aa7fa8c0e6ecb76b7486fc898eb997fo.jpg

Greetings from Chile!

Gorgeous wagon, looks clean!! How much do you think shipping would cost from the states to Chile for the 2" lift kit?

Prwa

Edited by Prwa101
  • Like 1

Gorgeous wagon, looks clean!! How much do you think shipping would cost from the states to Chile for the 2" lift kit?

Prwa

Thank you for your comment. I don't know how much would cost the shipping, depends on weight and the shipping method or company. 

Best Regards

Thank you for your comment. I don't know how much would cost the shipping, depends on weight and the shipping method or company. 

Best Regards

No problem, i ask because i build them. :) http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/148582-anderson-design-fabrication/

So my prices are shipped within the U.S. but if your interested i could work on getting a quote for shipping for you?

Patrick

Edited by Prwa101

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone:

I still working on my DL. Today i start to change the ligths from the dashboard:

IMG_20141207_095138.jpg

IMG_20141207_095144.jpg

IMG_20141207_095211.jpg

IMG_20141207_095234.jpg

I only have one problem. As you can see, there are many "holes" without lights, so i don't know if i need to buy more leds light or not...

Best regards,

• Like 1

The two tiny holes in the middle, are for T-5 Bulbs, you might try with a hand light, to illuminate them, to see if they are for warning lights, or background illumination. Also you might grab a couple of those T-5 bulbs along their sockets, from another instrument cluster in a Junk Yard, and try them there with your instrument cluster plugged, to see if those bulbs lit.

Kind Regards.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, also looks nice to me.

Have you received your New Fuel Pump?

Kind Regards.

Yes, arrived yesterday. Here's  some pics:

IMG_20141231_173335.jpg

IMG_20141231_173357.jpg

It's from a Ford Ranger, i think that i need to adapt the pump because the hoses are more big, no?

Best Regards

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys:

The fuel pump works excellent, no more problems. But...the engine still work on rough idle...:banghead: I change hoses, fuel pump, spark plugs, check vacuum hoses, but nothing. One piston doesn't work. I check the spark plug and cable and both works correctly, but if i remove the spark cable nothing changes, the engine still working bad :mad: 

I need ideas about what is wrong.

Greetings
  • Like 1

... I need ideas about what is wrong...

If one Piston doesn't work, many things could be happening there, but I would start by checking Four things; one of them is the Sparkplug's wire, other is the Sparkplug itself and you already checked them both; so the Third thing is the Fuel injector itself, if your EA82 has the MPFi setup, but if your engine has SPFi, skip that and check the fourth thing: Compression.

Do a Compression Test on the four Cylinders, and see if the numbers are nearby between each cylinder; if the failing one has Low numbers, then it could mean that there's something Wrong with the Valves, the Piston's Rings and / or Headgaskets.

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

...the Third thing is the Fuel injector itself, if your EA82 has the MPFi setup, but if your engine has SPFi...

JesZek, i don't understand that part. ¿what do you mean with MPFI setup? my EA82 engine is SPFI  :huh: 

Best Regards

Edited by Tronkus

MPFi means Multiple Port Fuel injection, in that setup, each Cylinder has its own individual fuel injector, while SPFi means that there is only one Fuel injector in the Throttle Body, which spreads from there to all the cylinders. You can read more information in our native Spanish, here:

~► http://es.slideshare.net/WilliamGonzales3/diferencia-de-tbi-y-mpfi

Here you can see how to do a Compression Test:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Hi Guys:

I still working on my car. I need help with some issues...¿Anyone knows if i can swap a dashboard from a subaru GL to my subaru DL?. In first place, the connectors are not the same, but maybe i can do something to fit it?

Best regards