Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Value of 85 GL Sedan (FWD)?

GL

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PD85GL

PD85GL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Seattle, WA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

Could anyone guess an estimated worth of my 85 GL AT/FWD Sedan?

80k Original Miles (My grandma's car since new).

Brake pads @ 20%

Runs Solid

2 Studded snow tires go with it. Looking to sell soon (Seattle) but need estimated value. Figured this might be the best place to find out.

Attached File  Web1.jpg   163.88K   37 downloadsAttached File  Web2.jpg   165.97K   44 downloadsAttached File  Web3.jpg   89.31K   41 downloadsAttached File  Web4.jpg   147.19K   42 downloadsAttached File  Web5.jpg   181.39K   42 downloadsAttached File  Web6.jpg   139.98K   44 downloadsAttached File  Web7.jpg   174.63K   35 downloads

Edited by PD85GL, 31 January 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#2 l75eya

l75eya

Almost has it all figured out

• Members
  • 1,844 posts
  • Hoboken, NJ

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

looks pretty clean. personally I wouldn't go any higher than 2k. and that's if nothing needs fixing right away. ideally I'd pay about 15 for. that's me.

#3 rdweninger

rdweninger

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Tillamook, OR

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

Front wheel drive only... alot of people want 4WD.

This might not be the place to find the true value... I bought an 85 EA82 FWD wagon last year with 80k on it.  Had the red pimp interior.  Beautiful car.  Paid $200 for it because they thought it had a blown head gasket.   Turned out that the intake gasket was leaking into the cyl.   Easy fix.   The most I ever paid for a pre-90 Subie was $800.  I have 7 of them.

For your area, I would say the most you could get would be $1000.   Depends on how quickly you want to sell it.

Why not keep it... it's a classic !  

#4 PD85GL

PD85GL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Seattle, WA

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Listed it for $1300, sold in two days for $1100. Thanks for the advice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users