Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale Clock Resistor

Greetings. I have a 90 Loyale. I'm repairing the clock and have read the prior posts on this subject. Here's my problem: I've removed the clock from the dash and have removed the circuit board. When looking at the front of the board, the second resistor to the RIGHT of the buttons (the first resistor to the right is tiny- it's the second that I need) is burned and needs replacement. The problem is the color codes on the resistor are also burned. I don't have a multimeter.

Can some helpful soul out there tell me what the ohm and watt rating is on the second resistor to the right of the buttons? Thanks in advance. Bill

The first 'tiny' resistor you speak of is not a resistor at all. It is a zener diode.

The first resistor (second component) looks pretty faded on my clock too. The first band looks like it is purple. The second band looks green. Not sure about the third band. And the last band looks brown but that can't be right. There is a number printed on the circuit board under this resistor: R750 2W. Now making an educated guess I think this number may mean 750 ohms and 2 watts. A purple green brown resistor rated at 2 Watts is what you are looking for. I am not sure what the tolerance should be, but that shouldn't matter too much.

The second resistor (third component) is a orange black black silver resistor. So that should be a 30 ohm resistor with 10% tolerance. It is also rated for 2 watts.