Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm changing the front bearing on my legacy wagon. Have the steering knuckle off the hub out and the outer bearing off. The new bearing I bought is incased. It's all one piece. The old bearings are exposed bearings and are made up of several different pieces. Wondering if I got the right part. Do the new bearings come all in one part? Is the casing the race for these new bearings. I bought a new hub as well. The new bearing looks like it will fit on the new hub but don't know if all that will fit into the steering knuckle. I don't want to take the race out of the steering knuckle if it's a matter of me buying the wrong replacement part and doesn't need to be removed. Any advice on what to do next would be great. Thanks.

If it isn't the bolt-in type bearing what happened was the bearing came apart when you pulled the hub out of it.

The new bearing just looks like a big cylinder, yes? That is what has to come out of the knuckle.

Remove the dust seal and C-clip before trying to make anything move...