Ultimate Subaru Message Board

d/r transmission mounts.

92loyale59

If your worried about stiffening up the car, why don't you stiffen up the car instead of the mounts?

Hard mounts will just put more strain on mounting points, which will twist the body even more. Have you tried a strut bar?

Why are you worried about twisting your rig offroad? Are you having problems?

Josh

• Like 1

i disnt exactly mean stiffin the car more just the transmission and engine . i noticed when i put the group n mounts in my car lifted up in the front way less so i figured tranny mounts would help also also when i let off the gas my shift linkage algong with everything else moves forward a lot

I'm running 93 stock legacy wagon mounts under my ej22 and also stock 87 d/r trans mounts which turn 31's. My engine and tranny hardly moves at all and I'm not nice to my rig. Sounds like you don't need to upgrade, but just replace some broken mounts. Hows your pitch rod doing? They make a huge difference in engine/trans stability.

Are you lifted? Have you gotten it in the air and checked engine and trans crossmember bolts?

Josh

If they are the mounts that I am thinking of, then you can tighten them up quite a bit.  Remove them from the car and squeeze the "C" shaped limiting stop closed most of the way. This limits the travel of the transmission mounts quite a bit. Do also check the pitch stop rod as suggested above ^^^. It does way more than you might think.

thanks crazyeights. yes i have checked all lift blocks and bolts to make sure they are tight . i have my car on the lift all the time so i make sire its all tight . the tranny mounts are new they just suck. i will try bending them together like you suggested.i abuse my rig pretty bad so i just want to make it more solid . im running 235/75/r15 and am putting 31 on

I used a section of cable, looped through an old rubber hose.

2 cable loop ends on each end.....and turn buckles at each end connected to loops welded on the crossmember.

The cable goes over the top of the trans.....then gets cinched down.....pinning the rear of the trans tightly down against the mounts.

We did this on a Legacy with a hybrid 03/06 ej25x.....(06 block/pistons/heads w/03 valvetrain running on 90 EJ22 ECU)  It had too much power for the stock D/R mounts to hold......espescially in reverse where rotation of the front axles makes the trans tail want to lift.  Same under Decel.

• Like 3