Ultimate Subaru Message Board

86' Standard Hatchback Parts Car

Hello one and all,

Last week, I was sitting at a stop light minding my own when a drunk driver rear ended me and fled the scene making it a hit and run. The damage done to my vehicle, while localized almost exclusively to the rear drivers side, bent the back axle and frame to an irreparable state which has permanently disabled it and resulted in my insurance classifying the accident as a total loss.

be3pAWK.jpg

However, I was looking over the vehicle today and besides the damage done, everything else on the vehicle is absolutely sound. I had just replaced the brakes and calipers, put four new tires on it, tuned it up, and even just put and new flywheel and clutch as well as two new CV joints to boot. I was planning to make the conversion over to some of the DL features such as the 4 Headlamp setup and eventually the conversion over to the 4WD D/R setup, but lacked a few parts to complete the job. Needless to say, I'm devastated. However, let my loss be your gain!

There are so many valuable and useful parts on this hatch that I know other members of the community are chomping at the bit to get their hands on because so many of the essential parts required to maintain these older generation Subies are getting more and more scarce. While I could easily just scrap the car and get $500 for it, I would feel as if I was doing a great disservice to the community at large if I didn't at least offer it up to someone who might make a better use for it. You guys have helped me in the past with so much knowledge and advice on everything having to do with this car that it's time I brought it full circle.

Here are the tech specs:

• 1.4L EA 81 1600 Engine
  • 4 Speed Manual transmission with FWD and rebuilt transmission
  • Instrument cluster and assembly intact with original mileage
  • All hoses are fairly new
  • All Glass undamaged and intact except for chip in windshield which was professionally repaired
  • Body is rust and damage free spare the impact damage
  • 3 Spare black 13 inch rims for tires
  • Several spare brake calipers for the passenger and driver's side (Just put a brand new one on that side before the wreck)
  • Brand new alternator
  • Several spare control arms and knobs for windshield wipers and lights

If there are any details that I am leaving out I will be sure to update and let you know. If anyone has questions or comments, feel free to send me a private message. 

I am located on the east coast, specifically in the CSRA on the boarder of Georgia and South Carolina in Augusta.

My asking price is around $700 and prices for individual parts will be on a case by case basis, but I am more than willing to hear any reasonable offer you might have and I will make whatever accommodations I can to help you if you decide to make a partial purchase of any part(s) or decide to buy the whole vehicle. It will have no title as I will have to surrender the title to my insurance company in order to receive any form of assistance or settlement for the totaling of my car. However, a bill of sale for the vehicle as scrap or salvage should suffice which I am more than willing to provide.

Guys, I loved the hell out of this car. It got me through college and was reliable right up until the very end. I'm sad that I couldn't keep the tradition going for any future generations in my family, but if it can help someone out who is in a similar situation and just looking to hold their rig together, or if it can help other subie owners find the parts for a project that they have been searching far and wide to find, then by all means, please consider purchasing her.

I'll leave the ad up to see what sorts of interest I get, but if a month goes by and I haven't sold her I'll start parting her out from there.

Beaux.

Below are reference images for the condition of the vehicle:

Intact EA 81 1600 Engine Assembly:

h4ojroT.jpg

Instrument Cluster with original mileage, which is the total mileage placed on the entire engine:

4QSxOKO.jpg

Passenger side interior:

3VBHOFa.jpg

Passenger Side Body:

arhiiPz.jpg

Intact Rear Passenger Side Tail Light:

SY1k3qU.jpg

Spare Headlamp:

uUClR6Q.jpg

Damaged Rear Driver's Side:

y7qtJNr.jpg

Intact front end:

HhBcz1U.jpg

Some of the spare Calipers I have laying around:

bhh0SpY.jpg

KohlIcQ.jpg

Two CV Axles looking to be refurbished: (I'll sell them both for $10 or throw them in for free with any substantial purchase if someone wants them)

IElmiig.jpg

6jWLNVz.jpg

Spare Instrument Cluster and Assembly I used for parts: (Same deal as above except I'll let either of them go for $5 each)

vYc5wLT.jpg

QErd9Dq.jpg

Edited by Beaux_Foxthorne

What a shame that such a nice looking Hatch gets totaled like that.

When it comes time, I could use quite a bit of parts from it, if you're willing to do shipping.

Hard to tell from pics, but is the interior Grey?

It still hurts I assure you. Yes, the interior is in fact grey but just as a disclaimer the dash has some cracks and the seats are not in the very best of shape if that's what you're inquiring about. The interior on the insides of the doors are near mint though as well as the radio and tape deck. What were you looking for specifically?

To start with, I need glovebox door, package tray below glovebox, radio surround, trim below steering wheel.

Have to check whether that was it on missing interior stuff.

Body wise, I could use the rocker skins off both sides, maybe both front fenders.

It will take me a bit to save up money, so no real hurry in getting things pulled yet.

I would be interested in the tape deck if is a stock one and the door sill caps that cover the seat bolts

The tape deck is indeed stock and other than a light cleaning of the heads, plays great. I was looking to upgrade to a modern sound system, but never got around to it. In regard to the door sill caps they should be there and original, but just to play safe could you send me some reference images just to make sure we are both talking about the same thing and are on the same page?

To start with, I need glovebox door, package tray below glovebox, radio surround, trim below steering wheel.

Have to check whether that was it on missing interior stuff.

Body wise, I could use the rocker skins off both sides, maybe both front fenders.

It will take me a bit to save up money, so no real hurry in getting things pulled yet.

The package tray I can get to you easy enough. I actually pulled it out of a GL model I found in a junkyard and the mount and fit should be universal. I'll have to double check on the trim under the steering given that I might have removed it once for repairs and put it somewhere, but I should have it. With the radio surround, are you looking for the whole assembly including the radio and tape deck or just the housing surrounding it? I'll take a look at the glove box door to make sure it is in good shape before I would sell it to you.

The fenders are intact, but the one on the driver's side is dented in a little from the accident, but that could easily be hammered out once you get your hands on it.

Edited by Beaux_Foxthorne

The above pic showing the glovebox door, it looks good to me. It's much better than the hole in the dash mine has.

Really only need the surround for the radio, including the ashtray. I have the radio/tape deck units.

Package tray sounds good.

Keep an eye out for that trim under the steering column. (yeah, I said steering wheel before)

I do want the rockers, both sides, but those will be a separate purchase.

Front fenders aren't really a "I need them" thing, but thinking a spare set wouldn't hurt. So those may be a "buy it later" thing.

So for now, let's concentrate on the dash area pieces.

Edited by TomRhere