Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sneak Peak - 78 Brat project

Project gen 1 brat angry wife

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tmckinl1

Tmckinl1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Bossier City LA

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:54 AM

Well, I promised my wife I wouldn't go all OCD with these old subies, but I just couldn't resist. I'm *just* about finished with all the major work on the DL sedan I picked up 2 months ago so I figured she might just forgive me (you know what they say about permission and forgiveness).

This is going to be a major restoration/rebuild. I intend to touch every nut and bolt on the car, take her down to a bare metal shell and build it all up again. Might be a while before the actual work starts since I have a few other projects that I've committed to that must be taken care of first (62 Continental, 63 C-10 and an Indianapolis 500 pace car vette). So while it may be a bit, I wanted to share a pic of this little gem and start the documentation process here. I'm sure I'll be scouring this forum (along with any other resources I can find) to source parts in the near future.

Attached File  FullSizeRender.jpg   149.93K   36 downloads

Mechanically a mess, but very good bones and almost no rust. I suppose the purple would be ok, living in Louisiana and all, but she will end up with with a dark green and white paint scheme with brown/tan leather interior.....EVENTUALLY

#2 Omega79

Omega79

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Lake Havasu City

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

Awesome! Sounds like fun, can't wait to see some pics. Actually what my next project in the pipeline will be as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project, gen 1 brat, angry wife

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users