Edit: My step-son had no further problems on his trip (other than getting stuck in a snow drift!) and is just driving it as is.
My step-son's '00 OB has 260K + miles. Replacement engine (EJ251 w/new HG) has ~ 170K.
He was driving over Snoqualmie Pass last night, road clear, temps in the 30's and the AT Temp light came on steady. He pulled off the road and called me.
Other than a somewhat steep section of maybe 2 miles (?) near the summit this pass is pretty tame compared to others. You can cruise @ the 65mph speed limit up and over w/out issue (unless it's snowing, which closes it multiple times during winter).
- Checked the ATF and it's full. I just changed it out last fall so less than 10K miles.
- NO Flashing AT Temp light - Key Off>On (engine off).
- No driving issues - no hard shifts, 'flaring'/RPM surges, nothing weird.
- Drove it into Seattle w/out further issue.
- My step-son is pretty observant and treats the OB very well...he wants it to make 300K!
Anyone seen this as a precursor to something failing? I'm thinking maybe the AT pump is getting old or the coolant lines to the radiator are plugged/plugging?
Edited by wtdash, 29 March 2018 - 03:46 PM.