Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FYI: '86 turbo xt at Foster U-Pull-It in Portland!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lastchance

lastchance

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • City

Posted 04 August 2004 - 05:33 PM

Hey guys...

Cruised down to Foster today and came across an '86 XT turbo...Burgundy and grey in color, VERY VERY MUCH INTACT....Seats are still there, turbo is gone, hoodscoop is there, sideskirts there...The only thing that I saw missing was just a few little interior trim pieces.

Drop me a line if anyone wants me to pull something!

#2 SubaSkeet

SubaSkeet

iDesert Destroyer!

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Las Vegas

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:07 PM

is that the model where the hood scoop was on the side of the car, like this:

http://www.xt6.net/images/galleries/Phil's/eyesore.jpg

if so, naw, dont want it. in the case that it is a center scoop (considering they ever had a center scoop on them.. i dont know xt's very well), could you get a picture of it? im debating whether i should make my own scoop to fit on my 94 loyale or just find a pre-fabbed one. if im too picky, just ignore me. thx.

#3 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:31 PM

Those aren't exactly uncommon in the yards around here. There's an MPFI XT in a yard on columbia (virtually untouched last week), and last month the Tigard U-Pull-It had 3 XT-6's.... Then there's the Damascus yard - they have a Gen 1 Brat amongst their junk. Really not uncommon to see a Turbo XT sitting around the Portland area yards. Dime a dozen like just about all the other soobs. This is Oregon remember!

GD

#4 TheMeatWagon

TheMeatWagon

Subaru Wannabe

• Members
  • 394 posts
  • Whidbey Island

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:47 PM

But its still hit or miss... and hes got one for sure there and is willing to pull parts. I have the same question as the guy up above though... if its a hood mounted scoop i might take that :lol:.

#5 lastchance

lastchance

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • City

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:47 PM

Whoa whoa whoa....

The scoop on that YELLOW xt6 is actually from the 1st gen Nissan 280/300zx turbos...That's actually a really hard scoop to find, also that car has the hood vents.

GeneralDisorder...Dude, this XT is in super good condition, I don't remember ever seeing an XT this intact...I understand the dime a dozen thing with ea82's and BF/BG style legacys but, EA81's especially ea81t's are so hard to find in the yards.

#6 TheMeatWagon

TheMeatWagon

Subaru Wannabe

• Members
  • 394 posts
  • Whidbey Island

Posted 04 August 2004 - 09:03 PM

damn that scoop would be rad.... :slobber:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users