Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1987 Subaru GL10 Wagon (Should I Buy)

Hey Guys,

I have an opportunity to buy this car for $575.00. I am new to the subaru seen and have always liked the cars. Now I drove the car today and it seems to drive fine everything wroks great nice and clean. It is a Carburated engine with a manual tranny it has 135k on it. Also has the dual range 4WD. So What do you guys think is it worth it to me to get into the Sabaru seen this way. I am really wanting to use the car for traveling about 500 miles every other month. Could this car work for me? Thanks for all your help in advance!

Larry

sounds like a rare beast being a carb dual range gl-10. buy it for novelty's sake. most gl-10 would be turbo or spfi autos, single range 5spds.

dual range is where the money's at, that alone makes the car worth having if you are performance minded for off road or inclement weather such as DEEP SNOW.

not any different mechanically than any 85-86 carb soob, but its the last model for a carb, plus the added bonus of the gl-10 ammenities. does it have a sunroof?

the only other odd model of gl-10 that i have known of is a 2wd 3at spfi sedan

yeah get the wagon! The carbbed motors are kinda pimpin in my opinion. To set the choke floor it once and then turn it over and start it up and it should idle around 2,000 rpm lightly hit the pedal once more to disengage the choke. a lot of people complain about the carbbed motors "dead spot" which is right around the end of the primaries right before the secondaries open up to supply the fuel for the demand. I myself would jump on such a wagon in a heart beat. Around these parts (northern indiana) it is hard to find the carbbed motors that still idle fine and have a working choke. Does it have a sunroof?

yeah get the wagon it sounds like a good buy. Good luck with your soob!

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!!!!!!!

You will really like it a whole lot. Go to the events section of this forum and look at the Carlisle Show pictures from this past May. There were a few wagons there, mine included (the brown '86 GL). 575 is a great buy........Come on up to the show next year its a real gas!!!!