Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Looking for front seats

I am looking for front seats for my 82 sedan 4-door. Mine are like sitting in a lazyboy and trying to drive. It is making for a sore back from leaning forward all the time.

Does anyone in the southern oregon area want to get rid of a pair of front seats that will bolt into my car? Ill pay a reasonable amount.

Also, what possibilities are there of welding in a new base to raise the seats up about 2 -4 inches?

Alex

I am looking for front seats for my 82 sedan 4-door. Mine are like sitting in a lazyboy and trying to drive. It is making for a sore back from leaning forward all the time.

Does anyone in the southern oregon area want to get rid of a pair of front seats that will bolt into my car? Ill pay a reasonable amount.

Also, what possibilities are there of welding in a new base to raise the seats up about 2 -4 inches?

Alex

You can raise the seat with a block under the part where each bolt goes. Just drill a hole through the block, make the block a few inches wider and longer forward, and you can add another bolt to the front end. You'll obviously need to use longer carriage bolts. A couple of inches is ok... 4"? not sure of the stability in an accident? We did 2" that in a Chevy S-10 for a short driver.

Mary, I have some tan ones if you're interested. They're a little grubby, but no rips or tears. I believe moosens has black ones, and I know he has a couple of black dashboards, both Stage 1 and Stage 2...give him a try too. It might be nice to do a meet 'n greet someday too--where are you? I'm about 20 minutes south of Springfield, just over the Conn. line.

I have a pair of 1995-6 ish Legacy L front seats... very good shape, only one little blemish that I remember on one of the seats. They are so comfy I took the drivers seat OUT of my impreza and installed one of these for the drive to Reno afew months ago.

They are blue/grey color

I would be asking $50 or a close reasonable offer for the pair.

Mary, I have some tan ones if you're interested. They're a little grubby, but no rips or tears. I believe moosens has black ones, and I know he has a couple of black dashboards, both Stage 1 and Stage 2...give him a try too. It might be nice to do a meet 'n greet someday too--where are you? I'm about 20 minutes south of Springfield, just over the Conn. line.

You aren't far from here... Tim got the "bug" from working on my BRAT and he's restoring something he knows about. F-O-R-D! Hehehe!

We're heading down I-84 next Saturday to pick up a '50 Ford truck, we'll do an about face and head back that afternoon. How far off I-84 are you?

Thanks!

i have some EA82 front seats for sale. perfect condition. no tears or stains. pm me if you're interested

Are they black (no cloth) and will they fit a '78 Brat? I know the framework is pretty definite. The floor pan has humps and bumps that it has to fit into. Thanks!